Private Messages

General announcements and answers to any queries you may have (hopefully...)
Paul Hayes
625 lines

Private Messages

Post by Paul Hayes »

What does it mean if the PM you have sent is in your Outbox rather than Sent Messages? Does that mean it's sent, but the other person just hasn't read it yet? Or has something gone wrong and I need to try sending it again...?

Many thanks!

John Williams
Committee

Re: Private Messages

Post by John Williams »

Paul

I've sent you a PM. Please read it and reply to it, so I can make sure nothing is awry.

Paul Hayes
625 lines

Post by Paul Hayes »

Thanks, I have replied.

John Williams
Committee

Post by John Williams »

Sorry Paul - could you send me another PM please?

Paul Hayes
625 lines

Post by Paul Hayes »

Done. Sorry for the delay, I've been at work.

John Williams
Committee

Post by John Williams »

OK Paul. The last message you sent to me should now appear as sent in your PM box. Until I read it, it would have been in your outbox.

So I'm pretty sure if something is still in your outbox, it means that the recipient hasn't read it - either because they haven't got round to it or because they have turned off private messaging.

Paul Hayes
625 lines

Post by Paul Hayes »

Yep, it's now in Sent. Thanks John! I shall just be patient and see if the other person reads the message!

Spiny Norman
D-MAC

Post by Spiny Norman »

Some people on this board simply don't reply for reasons of their own.
This is nøt å signåture.™

Paul Hayes
625 lines

Post by Paul Hayes »

Spiny Norman wrote:Some people on this board simply don't reply for reasons of their own.
That's entirely their prerogative, of course - I just wanted to ensure it had at least actually been sent!

Brock
HD

Post by Brock »

Last Tuesday in this post, Simon36 requested a PM from me, which I sent shortly afterwards. As of today it's still sitting in my outbox unread.

Under normal circumstances I'd have assumed that he simply wasn't interested, but since he specifically requested it and the board has recently been upgraded, I just wanted to check that there hasn't been a technical glitch preventing him from seeing it. (He last logged in on Friday.)

stearn
Committee

Post by stearn »

The PM you sent me was received and read by me, so I'm guessing that something is working. I know I didn't receive an email notification that there was a PM, but it was clearly evident next to my username in the top right when logged in. I have assumed this is a change in the version of the board (and am happy to continue to assume this until everything else is done and I have time to investigate the email settings side). I'm sure Simon36 will see the post and reply in due course.

Brock
HD

Post by Brock »

Simon36 - I'm not sure quite what's gone wrong here so I've deleted my PM to you. If you still require the information, please let me know and I'll happily resend it.