Android Chrome Login Problem

General announcements and answers to any queries you may have (hopefully...)
Nigel Stapley
625 lines

Android Chrome Login Problem

Post by Nigel Stapley »

I've got one of them there smartphones now, and I've just tried logging in on it here for the first time.

ID and password are correct, but when I tap the 'Login' button, it takes me through to a screen which says that I'm logged in (rather than to the forums), but after a couple of seconds it throws me back to the Login screen again.

Browser is Chrome on Android 6.0.1.

Hints?

stearn
Committee

Re: Android Chrome Login Problem

Post by stearn »

Use a proper computer?

It could be a compatibility problem with the version of PHP that the board runs on and your version of android. I'll have a look and see what I can find out.

stearn
Committee

Post by stearn »

It looks to be a known problem, and one where there doesn't appear to be a definitive answer. Clearing cookies helps some people (but as you have just got your phone, I doubt there are hundreds of cookies to cause issues), but Chrome is the most likely candidate for the source. Try installing another browser such as Firefox and logging in via that.

Even if you log in successfully, I don't know how good your browsing experience will be as the avatars alone will take up a standard smartphone screen size.

Nigel Stapley
625 lines

Post by Nigel Stapley »

Seems like it's OK on Firefox (although FF for Android is - generally speaking - a crock of poo).

Thanks for the advice.

David Plaice
405 lines

Post by David Plaice »

I'm logged in on a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7, both with Android 6.0.1 and Chrome 64.0.3282.137. However, it's a long time since I've needed to log in so it was probably done on earlier versions.