Blake's 7 - VHS compilations (Margot Eavis?)

What's not currently on the box
Bodie
625 lines

Blake's 7 - VHS compilations (Margot Eavis?)

Post by Bodie »

Does any knowledgeable MC member know if the Blake's 7 compilation tapes that were released before the full range were edited by Margot Eavis or someone else?

Shaqui
625 lines

Re: Blake's 7 - VHS compilations (Margot Eavis?)

Post by Shaqui »

Susan Thorne is credited with the video presentations for Duel, Orac and Aftermath. I traced her a few years back, and she confirmed she was responsible for those edits. After such a long time though, she could not recall if she worked on The Beginning or not.

Bodie
625 lines

Post by Bodie »

Thanks Shaqui. I knew Susan Thorne had done "The Aftermath" but I wasn't sure about the others.

Private Frazer
625 lines

Post by Private Frazer »

Thanks, it's good to know who edited them; I only ever found an online article describing the edits by Jackie Speel. Five years ago I enjoyed making transcripts of the compilations Duel, Orac and Aftermath to complement the other transcripts that were written by students.
A lot of thought went into the editing, at a time when film length releases were the fashion even for TV programmes. I still have the compilation tapes for alternative viewing and in no way consider them redundant just because of the episodic release!
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."

Jezza
625 lines

Post by Jezza »

I once painstakenly went through the edited version of "The Brain of Morbius" (Doctor Who), and made a list of everything that was edited out, i even included timings of the missing sections. Posted it all on the old Gallifrey Base forum.

And no, i'm not going to go through all the edits for the Blake's 7 compilations!

spflog1
625 lines

Post by spflog1 »

Sometimes scripts are purposely written in such a way as to facilitate the removal of large chunks of the storyline in order to create an additional edited omnibus edition. This was certainly the case with the 1979 Quatermass series.