Network - TV wish list

What's not currently on the box
User avatar
Richard A
625 lines
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by Richard A »

Ben M wrote:Divided by ITV company. Favourites highlighted in bold.

...

Tyne Tees - Barriers, Kappatoo, Nobody's House, Quest of Eagles

...
I came across Barriers for the first time recently in a certain place (albeit as uploads from some tired home VT - still grateful for 'em though). It's a stupendous series and I can understand why you've flagged it a favourite. Somehow Tyne Tees were able to assemble an unusually good cast for a drama aimed at teenage viewers, including Sian Philips, Michael Gough, Laurence Naismith, Walter Gotell, Robert Urquhart, Joans Hickson & Sanderson, a superb performance from Nicholas Courtney as a French châtelain + some top German actors familiar from my deutsches archive TV viewing such as Siegfried Rauch and the incomparable Brigitte Horney + excellent performances from Benedict Taylor, Paul Rogers and Patricia Lawrence as the effective leads.

What a superb series for Network to have a go at (though I'm not sure how things currently stand with the Tyne Tees archive holdings).

User avatar
Ross
D-MAC
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by Ross »

Richard A wrote:What a superb series for Network to have a go at (though I'm not sure how things currently stand with the Tyne Tees archive holdings).
Barriers exists in full and Network have released Tyne Tees material before, notably The Paper Lads.

Ben M
405 lines
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by Ben M »

Richard A wrote:I came across Barriers for the first time recently in a certain place (albeit as uploads from some tired home VT - still grateful for 'em though). It's a stupendous series and I can understand why you've flagged it a favourite. ...
What a superb series for Network to have a go at (though I'm not sure how things currently stand with the Tyne Tees archive holdings).
Hi Richard,

The Tyne Tees archive is part of ITV PLC, so Network should have no problem accessing this series as part of their licencing deal with ITV.

Mark
Committee
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 am

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by Mark »

With the recent release of the complete "Sink Or Swim" series, I suddenly feel the urge to give another mention to Alex Shearer's other masterpiece:

"The Two Of Us"

It's very funny, romantic, and absolutely brilliant, (after a long gap between the release of the first series and the rest of "Second Thoughts"), I'm hoping for the same here.

It's frustrating to see the listing for series 2 still on Amazon, so could I please pleeease request either the other three series releases and/or a box set of this wonderful show.

I'm getting severe LWT withdrawl symptoms ( and Janet Dibley as well) and it has a belting theme tune.!
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

stanbutler
405 lines
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by stanbutler »

Ye, I've been hoping for the rest of The Two of Us, plus the rest of Shelley and Bootsie & Snudge way up on my list.

Ant
405 lines
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by Ant »

Mike S wrote:I still want to know what on earth the rights problem is with Me and My Girl. I don't believe for a second Network haven't had it on their own wishlist for years.
Dim memories here... Was Me & My Girl one of those shows which had some kind of 'In association with <name of odd and unfamiliar production company>" in the end credits?

Mark
Committee
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 am

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by Mark »

Ant wrote:
Mike S wrote:I still want to know what on earth the rights problem is with Me and My Girl. I don't believe for a second Network haven't had it on their own wishlist for years.
Dim memories here... Was Me & My Girl one of those shows which had some kind of 'In association with <name of odd and unfamiliar production company>" in the end credits?
'Developed for Television by John Kane and Hightimes Productions'.

It was repeated on G+, so whether it has anything do with it or not, I don't know.

Supposedly bumped off by Greg Dyke, it's another LWT show I would love to see out as well.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

User avatar
Simon36
HD
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 am

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by Simon36 »

Mark wrote:With the recent release of the complete "Sink Or Swim" series, I suddenly feel the urge to give another mention to Alex Shearer's other masterpiece:

"The Two Of Us"

It's very funny, romantic, and absolutely brilliant, (after a long gap between the release of the first series and the rest of "Second Thoughts"), I'm hoping for the same here.

It's frustrating to see the listing for series 2 still on Amazon, so could I please pleeease request either the other three series releases and/or a box set of this wonderful show.

I'm getting severe LWT withdrawl symptoms ( and Janet Dibley as well) and it has a belting theme tune.!
The theme tune is like an 80s-ized version of the instrumental bit of Layla, I always thought.

I remember one line from TTOU, namely them sharing the Sunday papers and when she goes from the Review section, he says "ok, that leaves me with the pervy vicar section".

nlamb
405 lines
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by nlamb »

Would love to see a release of the Natural History series of " Kingdom Of The Ice Bear " released on DVD in full episodic form rather than the butcherd VHS release that came out years ago. The music was fantastic so if it still exists then a isolated soundtrack option would enhance the release enormously too.

User avatar
The Black Nun
625 lines
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by The Black Nun »

ME AND MY GIRL.

Top rating series for the better part of a decade, why isn't it on dvd?

Any show with Joan Sanderson, Richard O'Sullivan and Tim Brooke Taylor together in one place has got to be worth a punt.

joogs
Baird 30-line Televisor
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:39 am

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by joogs »

Just when I think I have everything I need on DVD a walk through this forum reminds me how mistaken I am. I've already suggested the list below to Network, but I'm not sure how naive I'm being. Would love to see them released by Network.

BASIL BRUSH
BREAK IN THE SUN
GO WITH NOAKES
THE GOODIES (Complete series box sets)
GRANGE HILL (Complete series box sets)
JOHNNY JARVIS
KEVIN TURVEY (A Kick Up The 80's shorts & The Man Behind the Green Door)
THE LAST TRAIN
LIZZIE DRIPPING
THE MAD DEATH
TAKE HART
TUCKER'S LUCK
WEST COUNTRY TALES

HUGH BURNETT:
THE GHOST HUNTERS - 1975
THE MYSTERY OF LOCH NESS - 1976
OUT OF THIS WORLD - 1977

Mark
Committee
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 am

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by Mark »

The Black Nun wrote:ME AND MY GIRL.

Top rating series for the better part of a decade, why isn't it on dvd?

Any show with Joan Sanderson, Richard O'Sullivan and Tim Brooke Taylor together in one place has got to be worth a punt.
I agree, fab cast, and very funny scripts, lovely series, a box set of all 52 episodes would be smashing.
,
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Mark
Committee
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 am

Re: Network - TV wish list

Post by Mark »

Simon36 wrote:
Mark wrote:With the recent release of the complete "Sink Or Swim" series, I suddenly feel the urge to give another mention to Alex Shearer's other masterpiece:

"The Two Of Us"

It's very funny, romantic, and absolutely brilliant, (after a long gap between the release of the first series and the rest of "Second Thoughts"), I'm hoping for the same here.

It's frustrating to see the listing for series 2 still on Amazon, so could I please pleeease request either the other three series releases and/or a box set of this wonderful show.

I'm getting severe LWT withdrawl symptoms ( and Janet Dibley as well) and it has a belting theme tune.!
The theme tune is like an 80s-ized version of the instrumental bit of Layla, I always thought.

I remember one line from TTOU, namely them sharing the Sunday papers and when she goes from the Review section, he says "ok, that leaves me with the pervy vicar section".
Yes, it's class writing with very good interplay between the two leads, Patrick Troughton was superb as always ( as Ashley's Grandad) with some very touching moments, and Tenniel Evans was spot on with the difficult job of replacing him.

The theme tune ( wonderfully evocative of the 80's, the full length version is verrry nice) was from Rod Argent and Peter Van Hooke who also did the theme for Lyndhurst's following series, "The Piglet Files", which was released on a single along with their theme for the LWT apocalypse Comedy , "Not With A Bang".
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Post Reply