Kaleidoscope Music Event - Saturday 7th June 2014

What's not currently on the box
Tim D
405 lines

Kaleidoscope Music Event - Saturday 7th June 2014

Post by Tim D »

The line-up for this year's Kaleidoscope Music Event is now live at http://bit.ly/kalmusic
Our guest will be Pauline Black of The Selecter. We'd love to see you there.

Tim D
405 lines

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - Saturday 7th June 2014

Post by Tim D »

Subject to clearances, there'll be a rather special Cliff Richard triple bonus at the June Music Event, squeezed in after The Best of Ev at around 3.22 ish. I'd hate you to miss it, as it's unlikely you'll see this footage anywhere else, any time soon. It's not often you hear "Cliff Richard" and "bonus" in the same sentence these days!

ctraynor
D-MAC

Post by ctraynor »

Tim D wrote:The line-up for this year's Kaleidoscope Music Event is now live at http://bit.ly/kalmusic
Our guest will be Pauline Black of The Selecter. We'd love to see you there.
Zokko! Good grief! With Skayn and the Moon People to boot! It's probably worth it just for that. I even remember the dramatic Skayn theme tune though I dare say it was library material.

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

ctraynor wrote: Zokko! Good grief! With Skayn and the Moon People to boot! It's probably worth it just for that.
Yes, it's interesting to see how Saturday morning kid's television started out. Quite experimental.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

I never missed "Zokko" at the time, loved it, and "Skayn" worked really well, atmospheric and even a touch scary ( I thought so anyway).

I have mentioned, "There's Something Wrong In Paradise", many a time, on here ( in the hope it would turn up on DVD) I taped it at the time, and I really liked it, a lovely Comedy/Drama, with great music, even a turn from Karen Black, and there's an excellent opening song and dance sequence in a Hotel lobby, it's a great show, all done in Studio.

A great line up of material.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

ctraynor
D-MAC

Post by ctraynor »

Mark wrote:I never missed "Zokko" at the time, loved it, and "Skayn" worked really well, atmospheric and even a touch scary ( I thought so anyway).
I did too. There were at least two series. Skayn, and Skayn and the Moon People, because wasn't it carried on in Ed and Zed (it's all coming back).

I've got a feeling that the episode of this static image cartoon show (like Bleep and Booster) due for the Kaleidosope event is the only one left??

Admittedly, it was as scientifically accurate as Space:1999 but I felt the characterisation was superior.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Two "Skayn" serials, in the two series of "Zokko", there was also "Susan Starr Of The Circus", which was alright, but "Skayn" was better.

"Ed And Zed" was good too, as was "Outa-Space", which had "Vidar And The Ice Monster".
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

A few reminders just before the event this weekend.

Bring plenty of money please! All money donated to the RNLI goes to them in full, we don't touch a penny of it. So please ensure you give generously on the day. Or buy John Henshall's unique and historical camera lense at auction. Whatever is collected in the RNLI's pot definitely influences our decisions and plans for staging future events.

If you have any money left, you're welcome to spend it on the goodies that will be available. Kaleidoscope will have books for sale, Pauline Black will have copies of her wonderful new book for sale and Tony Currie will have a selection of his cracking CDs there too. The money for these items goes to the respective organisations and individuals, but isn't a donation to the RNLI. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I just want to clarify how the money side of things works.

My suggestion is to bring extra money if you want to buy goodies, but please don't let it be at the expense of our lovely RNLI friends. I really do appreciate that money is very tight these days, but please give whatever you can honestly afford. We've got a great day lined up for you.

And finally, be prepared for some nasty weather. There have been predictions of very stormy weather for the weekend up in the Midlands and across the UK. Just a quick reminder to plan for travel delays. I'll stop behaving like your mum now. Honest! I hope to see you on Saturday.

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

The total is in. Sue from the RNLI reports that the Kaleidoscope Music Event 2014 raised £225.90 in the buckets and £101 from John Henshall's Lens auction, bringing the total raised to £326.90 for the RNLI. thanks to everyone who contributed on the day and we'll hopefully see some of you again for our BBC 2 Anniversary event in September.