Quinn Martin's Tales of The Unexpected

What's not currently on the box
videoking
625 lines

Quinn Martin's Tales of The Unexpected

Post by videoking »

In 1977 an 8 episode anthology series entitled Quinn Martin's Tales of The Unexpected aired in the US. When the series aired in the UK it was retitled A Twist In The Tale so as not to confuse it with the Roald Dahl series. Does anyone know if copies of this series exist? Does anyone in the forum have any episodes in any format? Please contact me off list if anyone has any information.

thebeekeeper
625 lines

Re: Quinn Martin's Tales of The Unexpected

Post by thebeekeeper »

It was the standard 35mm film series so no reason to think no copies exist at the studios who own it .But as it was only 8 episodes I doubt it ever made it to a repeat run in the US . It was even a bit short to get any repeat run in the UK in the video era. I wouldn't mind seeing it again even though my memory of it says it was very average.

Juswuh
D-MAC

Post by Juswuh »

There's actually a complete episode, "The Nomads", to be found on Youtube.

videoking
625 lines

Post by videoking »

Yes, I have The Nomads and the extended episode The Force of Evil. A guy is also selling a third episode on I-Offer but it's a really bad transfer from Youtube. Hopefully the remaining 6 episodes will turn up in time.

videoking
625 lines

Post by videoking »

I really enjoy the series' theme by David Shire, it has a groovy beat to it.

prisoner5
625 lines

Post by prisoner5 »

Yes i remember this late night on ATV, one episode inparticular about a reporter doing a piece on death row undercover, was my favorite, won't spoil it for anyone by revealing the"twist in the tale"
Pity only a few shows made.not much on youtube either.
QMs INVADERS and STs of Frisco showing on Sky tv.

videoking
625 lines

Post by videoking »

prisoner5 wrote:Yes i remember this late night on ATV, one episode inparticular about a reporter doing a piece on death row undercover, was my favorite, won't spoil it for anyone by revealing the"twist in the tale"
And the actor who played the reporter was none other than Roy Thinnes aka David Vincent from The Invaders.

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

videoking wrote:
prisoner5 wrote:Yes i remember this late night on ATV, one episode inparticular about a reporter doing a piece on death row undercover, was my favorite, won't spoil it for anyone by revealing the"twist in the tale"
And the actor who played the reporter was none other than Roy Thinnes aka David Vincent from The Invaders.
Yes good old Roy spooking us up again in The Norliss Tapes.

videoking
625 lines

Post by videoking »

It appears that Quinn Martin had a selection of stock actors that he used for most of his productions i.e. Roy Thinnes, William Conrad, etc.

Bob Richardson
625 lines

Post by Bob Richardson »

videoking wrote:
Ahem, Architect-David Vincent, as he was more correctly known throughout the run. ;)
"Forfar 5 - East Fife 4"

Shaqui
625 lines

Post by Shaqui »

Juswuh wrote:There's actually a complete episode, "The Nomads", to be found on Youtube.
Just watched the teaser and opening of this... is it a reworking of the first episode of The Invaders? Certainly looks like it!

videoking
625 lines

Post by videoking »

Shaqui wrote:
Juswuh wrote:There's actually a complete episode, "The Nomads", to be found on Youtube.
Just watched the teaser and opening of this... is it a reworking of the first episode of The Invaders? Certainly looks like it!
Yes indeed, Quinn Martin recycled The Invaders' pilot.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

videoking wrote:In 1977 an 8 episode anthology series entitled Quinn Martin's Tales of The Unexpected aired in the US. When the series aired in the UK it was retitled A Twist In The Tale so as not to confuse it with the Roald Dahl series. Does anyone know if copies of this series exist? Does anyone in the forum have any episodes in any format? Please contact me off list if anyone has any information.
The BFI describe it as 'Tales of the Unexpected',an anthology series "with a twist in its tail".I almost smiled wryly. http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/series/30631