BBC 2 at 50 - A Kaleidoscope Retrospective Event

What's not currently on the box
Tim D
405 lines

BBC 2 at 50 - A Kaleidoscope Retrospective Event

Post by Tim D »

The next Kaleidoscope event will be BBC 2 at 50 on Saturday 6th September. It's been a tough process of elimination, especially with 50 years worth of television to work with, but I hope you'll enjoy the final line-up, which can be found here http://bit.ly/bbc2-at-50. Please feel free to share the details with anyone you think will be interested.

Tim D
405 lines

Re: BBC 2 at 50 - A Kaleidoscope Retrospective Event

Post by Tim D »

An additional exclusive item to be added to the line-up of Kaleidoscope's BBC 2 at 50 event on Saturday September 6th.

By kind permission of the BBC and BFI, we will premiere material from the forthcoming Out of the Unknown DVD release. Material will include an excerpt from 'Satisfaction Guaranteed', 'Random Quest' along with the World premiere of colour restored footage from 'Liar.'

Come and join us on Saturday September 6th at The Talbot Hotel Stourbridge.
The rest of the day's line-up can be found at http://bit.ly/bbc2-at-50

Spiny Norman
D-MAC

Post by Spiny Norman »

How well has Australia been checked for censored clips, I wonder. Just Doctor Who and The Goodies? Or other things as well?
Because there were beyong a doubt cuts made to "It's Marty", although it's probably too late now to retrieve them. Is there anyone who could be said to be in charge or who knows more or who made contact?
This is nøt å signåture.™

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

The BBC have copies of Australian censor clips from other shows, but they don't exist in the main catalogue, so they don't show up on general searches. I did some archive consultancy work on The Two Ronnies Spectacle that was screened on UK Gold last year and we used some censor clips from The Frost Report that were telecined and returned on tape by the ABC.

Spiny Norman
D-MAC

Post by Spiny Norman »

Tim D wrote:The BBC have copies of Australian censor clips from other shows, but they don't exist in the main catalogue, so they don't show up on general searches. I did some archive consultancy work on The Two Ronnies Spectacle that was screened on UK Gold last year and we used some censor clips from The Frost Report that were telecined and returned on tape by the ABC.
Ah, so clips from series 2 then.
I am thankful to you for clearing this up. I had always feared that they just checked for the obvious things and forgot about the rest.
This is nøt å signåture.™

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

Just a quick reminder that the Kaleidoscope BBC 2 at 50 event will start at midday this Saturday (6th Sep) at The Talbot Hotel, Stourbridge.

There's been a few last-minute changes to the line-up, so please check that all the people and programmes you want to see are still in the schedule (http://bit.ly/bbc2-at-50) and if you do join us on Saturday, remember admission is free, but we'd appreciate a donation to the RNLI team who will be with us on the day.

Guests will be Julie Stevens and Clive Doig with a specially recorded introduction to This Man Craig by John Cairney. We also have an exclusive preview of the new BFI Out of the Unknown DVD release which includes two colour restored clips.

Thanks and I hope to see you on Saturday.