Christmas with Kaleidoscope 2014

What's not currently on the box
Tim D
405 lines

Christmas with Kaleidoscope 2014

Post by Tim D »

It's nearly that time of year again. Feel free to come along and join us for this year's Kaleidoscope Christmas bash on December 6th at The Talbot Hotel, Stourbridge. New faces are always welcome. This year we have a wonderful selection of classic television from Christmas past, there'll be mince pies and even a Retro Shop where you can buy Double Diamond, Watneys and and numerous confectionery of years gone by.

The event details are now live at: http://bit.ly/kalxmas

thebeekeeper
625 lines

Re: Christmas with Kaleidoscope 2014

Post by thebeekeeper »

deleted

Mickey
625 lines

Post by Mickey »

Blimey, I'm glad they changed that Crunchie wrapper! Nice to see an old Marathon there though. I don't generally mind change, but I still maintain that Snickers is a bloody silly name. Interesting Galaxy livery there too. I had no idea it had changed so much.

Sorry. The rest of you go ahead and chat about television. I'll be in the corner peering at old chocolate wrappers.

Bob Richardson
625 lines

Post by Bob Richardson »

Mickey wrote:I don't generally mind change, but I still maintain that Snickers is a bloody silly name.
Agreed. So is "Cif". What was wrong with "Jif"? Apparently "Jif" didn't "work" in some other European languages, so we have to live with a shortened form of "syphilis" to keep them all happy.

Sorry, off-topic. Back to Kaleidoscope Christmas...
"Forfar 5 - East Fife 4"

prisoner5
625 lines

Post by prisoner5 »

The first pint i ever served in 1970 was draught D.D and the first one i drank a couple of years before that was dare i say a pint of Watneys.

JezR
625 lines

Post by JezR »

Bob Richardson wrote:
Mickey wrote: Agreed. So is "Cif". What was wrong with "Jif"? Apparently "Jif" didn't "work" in some other European languages, so we have to live with a shortened form of "syphilis" to keep them all happy.
Unilever retained the Jif name in many territories.
Mind you I wouldn't recommend using the American Jif to clean the floor.

Jezza
625 lines

Post by Jezza »

Don't ask for Durex in Australia...you'll come to a sticky end!

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

Santa's Surprise has been added to this year's line-up at 5.15pm This will be detailed in the event programme available on the day. It is archive TV related and nothing to do with the recent announcement.

I look forward to seeing you in Stourbridge this December if you can make it. It will be a nice chilled one for Christmas.

Brian F
D-MAC

Post by Brian F »

I've just noticed a Double Diamond tap in a pub scene in series 2 of The Professionals.

Pity I can't make the event, I'm working at a CAMRA beer festival that week.

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

Beer or archive TV? It's a no brainer really isn't it and I can't blame you at all. Have a good weekend Brian! :)

wilko
405 lines

Post by wilko »

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for Saturday's event. Although I couldn't stay right until the end I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw. Looking forward to March already.

The Humble Wilko

PS. What was the final total raised for the RNLI? What with the success of the Retro Shop and lots of notes going into the buckets it must have been a considerable sum.

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

Thanks for coming Wilko.

I don't have the total back from the RNLI yet, but will be sure to post it here as soon as they get back to me. I was very pleased with how well the Retro Shop went. Once the cost of the stock has come out of the pot, I hope there should be a nice return for the RNLI.

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

Thanks to all who joined us on December 6th. Full details of the total raised for the RNLI here. http://www.kaleidoscopearchive.co.uk/re ... -the-rnli/

Have a great Christmas