PR: Fraud Squad: The Complete Second Series [Network]

What's not currently on the box
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: Fraud Squad: The Complete Second Series [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

A highly popular police procedural drama from the turn of the '70s – and notable as one of the earliest British television dramas to feature a female detective in a leading role – Fraud Squad features the work of Detective Inspector Gamble and his aide, Detective Sergeant Vicky Hicks: Metropolitan officers on the trail of the con-men and fraudsters who operate at all levels of society – from boardroom to bingo hall.

Featuring guest appearances by Richard Vernon, George Baker, Dandy Nichols and Maigret star Rupert Davies among others, this second series showcases a further 13 episodes in which Gamble and Hicks hunt down the sharks – and sometimes the minnows – inhabiting the murky world of international fraud. Originally made in colour, only two episodes still exist in this state – the remaining eleven are brand-new transfers from the monochrome telerecordings made for overseas sales.

http://networkonair.com/shop/2163-fraud ... 94349.html

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

Juswuh
D-MAC

Re: PR: Fraud Squad: The Complete Second Series [Network]

Post by Juswuh »

One I've been hoping for.

Richard A
625 lines

Post by Richard A »

Ditto. The announcement of this along with Justice S3 makes this an archive TV red letter day from my point of view. Few would suggest that Fraud Squad represents the pinnacle of TV drama but it's worthy and enjoyable stuff and there were several very well written episodes in S1.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Yes, agree, it's a lovely series, was hoping for s2.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

Network have mentioned that the colour episodes are 'Double Deal' and 'To Pay Paul' ('Robbing Peter...to Pay Paul' at IMDB).

Jaz_Wiseman
625 lines

Post by Jaz_Wiseman »

Definitely buying this!

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Two great leads I thought and also thought it was going to continue on and we were going to see more of the lovely Joanna in prominent other stuff.

Roll ACR
625 lines

Post by Roll ACR »

I purchased series one in the recent Network sale, along with an indecent amount of other titles (credit card squealed, fully paid off though - neither a borrower nor a lender be -) and it's really charming. I'd only ever seen JVG in "Rumpole" and "Duty Free" so had only ever seen her pantomime turn - "Ambassador phooey!"

Blurb says "...one of the earliest British dramas to feature a female detective in a leading role..." which I'm sure I also read some variation of on the packaging of "The Gentle Touch" which was made a full decade later.

ATV were smooth technically too. Although Paul Annett does seem to like horrible "jump cuts" between shots that are too similar. Their multi-cam stuff makes Granada, Thames and YTV look a bit shoddy.

Also watching "Mitch" and LWT had good crews. Tony Maynard cameraman par excellence! Nice eps he did and "The Charmer" looks fab too.