TV On TV (The Kaleidoscope Event)

What's not currently on the box
Tim D
405 lines

TV On TV (The Kaleidoscope Event)

Post by Tim D »

Partly inspired by the recent debate on this forum about how television has been portrayed by itself over the years. I hope you'll be able to join us.

"TV will eat itself at the next Kaleidoscope event at The Talbot Hotel, Stourbridge which will be all about the subject of TV On TV. There's lot's of television related programmes, some unseen for 50 years or more, that will lift the lid on what happens both on screen and off screen. Our guests will be Roger Bunce who will tell us all about his time working at BBC Television Centre and Peter Fiddick who many will remember from the Westward series The Television Programme. I hope you'll be able to join us and raise a few pounds for the RNLI."

More details about the line-up can be found here: http://bit.ly/1AkiIYf

Bernie
D-MAC

Re: TV On TV (The Kaleidoscope Event)

Post by Bernie »

I've posted this on the tech-ops forum, so Roger may have a contingent of ex-colleagues to cheer him on.

Bernie

Tim D
405 lines

Post by Tim D »

That's wonderful. Thanks Bernie!

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Yes, interesting picture, Bernie.

Two splendid guests, and wasn't "The Television Programme", a great series.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

TonyCurrie
625 lines

Post by TonyCurrie »

For those of you who don't know Peter, he was Founding Media Editor of the Guardian, later he was the final editor of The Listener and the journals of the Royal Television Society and the Market Research Society. And he is exceptionally good company. He, Roger and I will bring you an hour of chat that's in a different league from the Jonathan Ross Show....!

Bernie
D-MAC

Post by Bernie »

The Roger pic is from a kid's game show of some kind. Others from the same place are here - http://www.tech-ops.co.uk/page88.html

B

stevebirt
405 lines

Post by stevebirt »

Please check out the latest schedule as there have been some changes and additions

www.kaleidoscopearchive.co.uk/tv-on-tv

We would love to see you there !!

Brian F
625 lines

Post by Brian F »

Another great day, despite the sun shining into the new main room(full marks to those who did their best to keep it off the screen) and a "For technical reasons the next programme is not available" on one item.

I also found out what the FULL use of one attachment to an old Electrolux vacuum cleaner I have is. It must either be very old or they kept the idea for many years because it was from the 1961 Ideal Home show "Admag" broadcast!!!!

Also thanks to the RNLI for the usual good spread of cakes, I hope they had a good number of donations.

Jezza
625 lines

Post by Jezza »

I had the pleasure of joining Roger on the way home from Birmingham to Euston (until we got seperated on the train!), but met up again for a while at Euston.

A fantastic day, even though it was a bare minimum set-up, i lernt a hell of a lot...who'd of thought that the arrangement of the colour bars had a meaning? Well Tony explained...and it went right over my head! :)

stevebirt
405 lines

Post by stevebirt »

I am pleased to report that the donations to the RNLI at the recent event amounted to £258.79 .

Thanks for your support and look forward to seeing you at the June music event.