Most obscure Network DVD release

What's not currently on the box
didi-5
625 lines

Re: Most obscure Network DVD release

Post by didi-5 »

Smith was popular in its day because it was a set text in 1980s school English classes. Haven't caught up with the Network release though.

cdnbob
625 lines

Post by cdnbob »

I suppose for us non-UK residents, us Canadians for example, obscure releases could be anything that hasn't been shown on Canadian television over the years. For example I knew of Gerald Harper from Adam Adamant but didn't have any knowledge of his series Hadleigh before picking up a copy of the first season on DVD. Never shown on tv over here that I'm aware of, I found it a highly enjoyable and an addictive series. Really enjoyed it and would love to see more.

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

cdnbob wrote:I suppose for us non-UK residents, us Canadians for example, obscure releases could be anything that hasn't been shown on Canadian television over the years. For example I knew of Gerald Harper from Adam Adamant but didn't have any knowledge of his series Hadleigh before picking up a copy of the first season on DVD. Never shown on tv over here that I'm aware of, I found it a highly enjoyable and an addictive series. Really enjoyed it and would love to see more.
There is another obscure release called Gazette which predates this and is not entirely focused on the Hadleigh character- so presumably from this the Hadleigh character shone out enough for the producers to give him his own series later?
http://networkonair.com/shop/1189-gazet ... eries.html

This probably never got a second airing anywhere due to being in B/W