Freemantle-Network deal.

What's not currently on the box
JWG
D-MAC

Freemantle-Network deal.

Post by JWG »

Quote:
We have agreed a new deal with Fremantle, kicking off in just two weeks, that will see us releasing a huge number of brand-new titles. The Network catalogue is about to get even more diverse and impressive.

This new deal will see us releasing brand-new versions of Minder, Rumpole of the Bailey, The World at War, Reilly – Ace of Spies, The Kenny Everett Video Show and many more. We will also be delving yet further into the Fremantle archives to bring never-before-released titles to your home, as well as continuing releases of current hits including QI, Birds of a Feather, Cuckoo, Great British Railway Journeys and Trollied"

Mark
Committee

Re: Freemantle-Network deal.

Post by Mark »

Top news...the last series of "Whodunnit" , with a bit of luck.

Would certainly get "The World At War", as well, looking forward to many more Thames gems.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Michael
625 lines

Post by Michael »

Hopefully, they'll do a blu-ray release of World at War in the correct aspect ratio.

The Black Nun
625 lines

Post by The Black Nun »

Come Back Lucy please.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Michael wrote:Hopefully, they'll do a blu-ray release of World at War in the correct aspect ratio.
Yes,the ratio problem with last release was very annoying, which Is why I didn't bother with it, so a decent set would be very welcome at last.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

The Black Nun wrote:Come Back Lucy please.
Seconded.!

doubleM
625 lines

Post by doubleM »

Mark wrote:
Seconded.!
"Come Back Lucy" is an ATV programme .... therefore nothing to do with Fremantle.
.. ah yes, well worn carpets and the pungent smell of over-boiled vegetables!

Roll ACR
625 lines

Post by Roll ACR »

Yes, TWAW in HD but 4:3 would be good. Plus it'll be good to have "Rumpole" with idents, end/start of part stings and original, period appropriate, prod caps intact.

Hopefully some "This Week" will be released too...

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

doubleM wrote:
Mark wrote:
Seconded.!
"Come Back Lucy" is an ATV programme .... therefore nothing to do with Fremantle.
It is indeed,(as I'm sure he knows) but as Black Nun, has trumpeted this one several times, I thought I would support it.

I did almost mention "Raffles", which is Yorkshire, of course, but that's one that really deserves a decent release, along with the pilot.

"Steam Video Company" (which is Thames) would be great too.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

Mark wrote:
I did almost mention "Raffles", which is Yorkshire, of course, but that's one that really deserves a decent release, along with the pilot.

The pilot was on the latest box-set,here and in the U'S.,of course.Were all the releases poor?

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

JWG wrote:
Mark wrote:

The pilot was on the latest box-set,here and in the U'S.,of course.Were all the releases poor?
I knew it was on the US version, but I can see no mention of it on the latest set ( still available) are you sure it's on it?

My set is the first release, which Is okay, but no pilot ( and no adcaps of course).

neil jung
405 lines

Post by neil jung »

The pilot of Raffles is definitely on the 2010 ITV Studios release.

Ross
D-MAC

Post by Ross »

The Timothy Davey episode of This Week is top of my wants list.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

neil jung wrote:The pilot of Raffles is definitely on the 2010 ITV Studios release.
I remember it being mentioned at the time,though it's not listed in the contents on Amazon.There's a copy of the new box set in my local Cex,and I'm sure there's a mention of it on the cover; presumably a sticker.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

They're starting to turn up on Amazon as pre-orders,though only a few current TV shows so far.http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n ... =182244031
Things were obviously pretty advanced when Network announced the deal!

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

JWG wrote:
neil jung wrote:The pilot of Raffles is definitely on the 2010 ITV Studios release.
I remember it being mentioned at the time,though it's not listed in the contents on Amazon.There's a copy of the new box set in my local Cex,and I'm sure there's a mention of it on the cover; presumably a sticker.
Thanks, Neil and JWG, looks like I'll have to get it now.

It would still be nice if it got the Network treatment ( along with Granada's "Cribb", which I'm sure didn't feature the pilot for that one on the DVD set, now unavailable).

mariocki
405 lines

Post by mariocki »

Great news about UFO on BD - one of my most wanted titles.

rosalyn
405 lines

Post by rosalyn »

mariocki wrote:Great news about UFO on BD - one of my most wanted titles.

I don't know. This search for perfection, while spending more and more money on the same thing again and again.

Alright. My idea of the 'perfect' box set of UFO is the one that restores the correct sound for the animated Century 21 dart at the beginning of each episode. I have always been able to tell - just listening to the audio - whether I am about to see (or hear) an episode of UFO just from the sound of the symbol clash. Obviously he/she who created the 'new' sound masters for the original DVD releases a few years back, used the one for Captain Scarlet/Joe 90/The Secret Service, thinking it was the same. WRONG! Or perhaps they did it thinking it isn't important and that no-one would notice. WRONG!

While I did, and still do, enjoy the picture clarity of the Carlton DVD releases of UFO, I also think the dialogue track is very quiet, with the music and fx being rather loud. This often results in me turning up the TV volume so I can hear what they are saying, and then getting deafened by any music or big bangs that occur. This is something that never used to happen while watching it from VHS.

So a new British set that addresses the issues I have, and also goes as far as to not replicate the problems introduced into the recent Japanese and German versions (I've read the horror stories over at Marc Martin's wonderful UFO site), will get a tentative thumbs up from this household. Though I will still wait for someone else to get it, and fall down the hole first, so to speak, before I upgrade.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Ros :-)

Michael
625 lines

Post by Michael »

Mark wrote:
Michael wrote:Hopefully, they'll do a blu-ray release of World at War in the correct aspect ratio.
Yes,the ratio problem with last release was very annoying, which Is why I didn't bother with it, so a decent set would be very welcome at last.
...and they've gone and done it!!!

Blu-ray Version

DVD Version

Thank you, Network!

lovecraft
625 lines

Post by lovecraft »

Glad to have received my copy but shame its in such cheap cardboard packaging.....the DVD equivalent of a cd digipak....

Michael
625 lines

Post by Michael »

Stumbled on this last night. It looks like Network have their own Marketplace area on Amazon called Timewarp Media. Anyway, they're selling the new Blu-ray of The World at War for £30 even though it's £59 on their own site. For anyone who's interested:

The World at War Blu-ray sold by Timewarp Media