TOTP 1981

What's not currently on the box
MDK
405 lines

TOTP 1981

Post by MDK »

Interesting that BBC4 are now showing two new shows each week (i.e. 4 including repeats). If they carry on they'll reach the end of 1981 by early May (given there are about 33 shows to broadcast).

I don't mind at all, given the question marks in the background about BBC4's future - lets get as many editions out there as possible.

lovecraft
625 lines

Re: TOTP 1981

Post by lovecraft »

Watching Big Hits of 1981 I was pleasantly reminded of what a good year it was for pop in general. And what a warm glow it gave me to see Clare Grogans knicker flash again....

PeteH
405 lines

Post by PeteH »

Yes, I am also enjoying these shows and would agree that 1981 was a good year.

Am assuming the Jan/Feb 81 show/s that appear to have been missed out so far, are for the obvious reasons!

When BBC4 first started to show these TOTP repeats a few years ago, there was a good link via this forum (or perhaps the old one) to a website which listed every show, with the line-up of acts and presenters. I think it all stopped when we got beyond 1979. Is there a similar listing of latter shows somewhere?

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

PeteH wrote:Yes, I am also enjoying these shows and would agree that 1981 was a good year.

Am assuming the Jan/Feb 81 show/s that appear to have been missed out so far, are for the obvious reasons!

When BBC4 first started to show these TOTP repeats a few years ago, there was a good link via this forum (or perhaps the old one) to a website which listed every show, with the line-up of acts and presenters. I think it all stopped when we got beyond 1979. Is there a similar listing of latter shows somewhere?
Yes, there is a site called Popscene, which has a full guide.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

lovecraft
625 lines

Post by lovecraft »

Design - Dacre Punt.

I'm assuming this was someone having a bit of a chuckle in the closing credits?

TVT_Dave
405 lines

Post by TVT_Dave »

Designer - Dacre Punt.
No this isn't someone having a laugh, there really was a designer with this name. He worked for my TV department on occasions.

lovecraft
625 lines

Post by lovecraft »

TVT_Dave wrote:Designer - Dacre Punt.
No this isn't someone having a laugh, there really was a designer with this name. He worked for my TV department on occasions.
Well, he has my congratulations. His name on screen rarely fails to give me and my wife a little chuckle.

In addition, our apologies to him for being so foolish.