Network Sale 3rd to 16th of December

What's not currently on the box
Beaker
625 lines

Network Sale 3rd to 16th of December

Post by Beaker »

Just a reminder that the sale is still up.

http://www.networkdvd.net/

Some excellent bargains in there. In fact, my wallet has just taken a bit of a walloping..... :o(

Still umming and ahhhing about getting The Prisoner Blu Ray set, though. I have the DVD's and they look ok.....will it be that much better on Blu?
If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!

servalan66
405 lines

Re: Network Sale 3rd to 16th of December

Post by servalan66 »

yes an excellent sale, bought approx 16 dvd's so far!!! spent far more than I planned to do! processing and delivery seems to be on the ball, partly! Received first order on Wednesday(ordered mon) but have yet to receive the following 2, ordered tuesday.

Cole
625 lines

Post by Cole »

Thank you for the reminder. I tried to order The Prisoner on Blu-ray last week, to update the Carlton set, but it was out of stock. Thankfully, now it's back in stock. One order made.

Cymon
405 lines

Post by Cymon »

I do with they'd setup a working SSL certificate for the site when you register, it's the one thing that's stopping me ordering from them.

Mark C Bale
405 lines

Post by Mark C Bale »

I got the 2 Saint box sets which was good value. Was going to get Jokers Wild s2 but its not on their site anymore, but s1 is.

KennyG
405 lines

Post by KennyG »

I splurged a little on the sale and bought some items that I had been holding out for a while, all B&W videotaped drama apart from Frankie Howard at ITV. I even picked up Public Eye: The ABC Years to see what all the fuss is about. I've never seen an episode before in my life so I hope it will be an enjoyable experience.

I am currently impatiently awaiting my order to move off 'processing' where it's been stuck since the middle of last week.

gallifreyan
405 lines

Post by gallifreyan »

Cymon wrote:I do with they'd setup a working SSL certificate for the site when you register, it's the one thing that's stopping me ordering from them.
What's wrong with the worldpay system they use?

Cymon
405 lines

Post by Cymon »

gallifreyan wrote:What's wrong with the worldpay system they use?
It's the submitting my personal details (name, address, phone number) in clear text over the internet via the Network DVD website bit i'm not keen on. Which you have to do before you get to Worldpay.

Mark C Bale
405 lines

Post by Mark C Bale »

Same with all sites you buy from though. Is it because of secure settings/certificates?

Richard Martin
405 lines

Post by Richard Martin »

Armchair Theatres 1 & 2 and the first two Edgar Wallaces for me. A relatively modest investment due to a poorly credit card, an already subtantial pending pile, the spectre of the £40 shipping fee, and a lingering uncertainty as to whether The Fellows would satisfactorily repay my time and money.

atomic23
405 lines

Post by atomic23 »

Christmas really is the time for giving....to yourself!

gallifreyan
405 lines

Post by gallifreyan »

Cymon wrote:
It's the submitting my personal details (name, address, phone number) in clear text over the internet via the Network DVD website bit i'm not keen on. Which you have to do before you get to Worldpay.
Ah, well, you could always try phoning them to place an order...

Beaker
625 lines

Post by Beaker »

gallifreyan wrote:
Cymon wrote:
Ah, well, you could always try phoning them to place an order...
Can you order via post?

Send them a cheque in the good old fashioned way?

Simply Home Entertainment do that as their main market would appear to be older folks. (Who they appear to take great pleasure in ripping off as their prices are extortionate!)
If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!

yetii
Baird 30-line Televisor

Post by yetii »

I tried to order £43 worth of goods from the site, but couldn't finalise because I had forgot my password. My fault, so I tried another 4 times asking for a password re-set to be sent to my email.

Nothing.

Next thing is my bank on the phone asking me to verify the payment, - I explained and told the bank to cancel it.

Brilliant releases that Network gives us all the customer service bit rather lets them down, so I'll just have to be buying the DVD's 2nd hand through some other site.

Piss poor like.

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

Just got my 'Goodies-At Last', and am delighted that it is still as funny-and often funnier- than I remember from the first time round.

Thanks, everyone, for your enthusiasm. I'm off to order the other two before the sale ends.

ctraynor
D-MAC

Post by ctraynor »

Beaker wrote:Just a reminder that the sale is still up.

Some excellent bargains in there. In fact, my wallet has just taken a bit of a walloping..... :o(

Still umming and ahhhing about getting The Prisoner Blu Ray set, though. I have the DVD's and they look ok.....will it be that much better on Blu?
Brilliant quality, I'm told. Apparently you can see McGoohan's shaving cut in Arrival even clearer on blu-ray.

Mothy
405 lines

Post by Mothy »

brigham wrote:Just got my 'Goodies-At Last', and am delighted that it is still as funny-and often funnier- than I remember from the first time round.

Thanks, everyone, for your enthusiasm. I'm off to order the other two before the sale ends.
There are actually three others, 'At Last A Second Helping', 'The Complete LWT Series', and 'At Last - Back For More, Again'.

Beaker
625 lines

Post by Beaker »

Mothy wrote:
brigham wrote:Just got my 'Goodies-At Last', and am delighted that it is still as funny-and often funnier- than I remember from the first time round.

There are actually three others, 'At Last A Second Helping', 'The Complete LWT Series', and 'At Last - Back For More, Again'.
Cool. So glad you liked it. The other sets are well worth getting too.

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

I'm avoiding "The Complete LWT Series". I don't hold with this 'jumping over to the other side' business.

Look what happened to Harry Worth!

Thwaity
405 lines

Post by Thwaity »

Has anyone got their orders yet?

I've got loads on order, all showing as dispatched, but still no sign from the damn postman :-/

Westcountry
405 lines

Post by Westcountry »

Thwaity wrote:Has anyone got their orders yet?

I've got loads on order, all showing as dispatched, but still no sign from the damn postman :-/
Network use a mix of carriers, nomally Royal Mail or Yodel/Hdnl

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

brigham wrote:I'm avoiding "The Complete LWT Series". I don't hold with this 'jumping over to the other side' business.

Look what happened to Harry Worth!
Ah, but look what happened to Morecambe and Wise.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

stearn
Committee

Post by stearn »

I had good intentions sticking to my resolve and only ordering what I 'needed' but lapsed twice. I've had all three orders delivered, all by Royal Mail, although the second ordered came after the last one ordered.

Brian F
D-MAC

Post by Brian F »

One out of three delivered here, and I have still got some on a "To order"list!!!!!

GaryA
405 lines

Post by GaryA »

Ordered mine last weekend.
One title arrived Friday, the other five this morning.

ctraynor
D-MAC

Post by ctraynor »

Looks like I may be getting the 1964-66 Danger Man set from the sale for Crimbo from one of my brothers. That should keep me going. I've only ever seen a handful of those but I liked them. I never took to the half-hour ones, though. They were repeated in the early '80s and I thought they were dreadful even then.

Cymon
405 lines

Post by Cymon »

Beaker wrote: Can you order via post?

Send them a cheque in the good old fashioned way?

Simply Home Entertainment do that as their main market would appear to be older folks. (Who they appear to take great pleasure in ripping off as their prices are extortionate!)
No I checked and it's online only for orders

Beaker
625 lines

Post by Beaker »

ctraynor wrote:
Beaker wrote:Just a reminder that the sale is still up.

Brilliant quality, I'm told. Apparently you can see McGoohan's shaving cut in Arrival even clearer on blu-ray.
I've caved in and ordered! I regretted not getting it last time they had it cheap.

The picture quality on my old Carlton set is a little ropey so it'll be nice to see if its as clear as everyone says.

Tim Scrafton
405 lines

Post by Tim Scrafton »

Just managed a final quick order for some of the Callan discs and the film 'Cottage to let' :)

Brian F
D-MAC

Post by Brian F »

Tim Scrafton wrote:Just managed a final quick order for some of the Callan discs and the film 'Cottage to let' :)
Good going the prices changed there on the stroke of midnight. Saved me from buying even more.