Network Sale 3rd to 16th of December

What's not currently on the box
Roll ACR
625 lines

Re: Network Sale 3rd to 16th of December

Post by Roll ACR »

atomic23 wrote:Christmas really is the time for giving....to yourself!
Hear! Hear!

I got my order in a few hours ago. I'm now £260 odd lighter but my Xmas and New Year viewing is sorted :

Jemima Shore Investigates: The Complete Series
Justice: The Complete Series 1
Six Days of Justice: The Complete Series 1
Scorpion Tales: The Complete Series
Merchant of Venice (The)
Man at the Top: The Complete Series 2
Fellows (The): The Complete Series
Armchair Cinema: The Collection
Armchair Theatre: Volume 2
Armchair Theatre: Volume 3
Armchair Thriller: Complete Series (The)
Hine: The Complete Series
Lady Killers: The Complete Series 1
Lady Killers: The Complete Series 2
Main Chance (The): The Complete Series 4
Public Eye: The ABC Years
Undermind: The Complete Series
Strange World of Gurney Slade (The): The Complete Series
Human Jungle (The): The Complete Series
Edgar Wallace Mysteries: Volume 1
Edgar Wallace Mysteries: Volume 2

Should keep me occupied into 2013

Mark Dowding
405 lines

Post by Mark Dowding »

yetii wrote:Brilliant releases that Network gives us all the customer service bit rather lets them down, so I'll just have to be buying the DVD's 2nd hand through some other site.

Piss poor like.
I have to say that a problem I had with a non delivery of a DVD was dealt with very efficiently after sending an email to Network with a scan of the invoice highlighting the title that wasn't in the package (Never mind the quality, Feel the width). I got the missing DVD 2 days later.

Bob Richardson
625 lines

Post by Bob Richardson »

Yes, I managed to slip under the wire as the deadline approached and grabbed some goodies. Pardon my Genie, Three Men In A Boat, Crown Court, Sapphire & Steel and half a dozen other sets. That's my Christmas viewing sorted, and a big chunk of the New Year too.
"Forfar 5 - East Fife 4"

Alice80
405 lines

Post by Alice80 »

I meant to put in an order and forgot, so I missed it...*sigh*

Next time...

Roll ACR
625 lines

Post by Roll ACR »

Fairly impressive service from Network/Sony. Order placed on Sunday eve and arrived this morning. I'm unable to resist dipping all my new discs in the machine just to see te menus and watch the programme titles and stuff.

Volume 3 of Armchair Theatre is wonderful. Please let there be more volumes.

Alabaster Russmore
405 lines

Post by Alabaster Russmore »

Three seperate orders and all arrived in a timely way despite the sale and xmas rush. Nothing like Roll ACR's haul but did get the following:

Doctor on the Box
Fireball XL5 Blu-Ray colour ep (and FFF ep)

Man of the World
The Sentimental Agent

...and a last minute moment of weakness having so enjoyed The Plane Makers and the two volumes of Man at the Top, 'The Power Game' collection

Hurrah!!!!!

Mark C Bale
405 lines

Post by Mark C Bale »

I wonder if they will have a New Year Sale of some sort

Roll ACR
625 lines

Post by Roll ACR »

Alabaster Russmore wrote:Three seperate orders and all arrived in a timely way despite the sale and xmas rush. Nothing like Roll ACR's haul but did get the following:

Doctor on the Box
Fireball XL5 Blu-Ray colour ep (and FFF ep)

Man of the World
The Sentimental Agent

...and a last minute moment of weakness having so enjoyed The Plane Makers and the two volumes of Man at the Top, 'The Power Game' collection

Hurrah!!!!!
Well if you enjoyed them then you'll love "The Power Game". Is there any more of "The Plane Makers" to be released?

I put "The Main Chance" S4 titles on last night.....and....Anglia Gameshows come to mind....oh dear. The complex harpsicord is no more and its all generic cheesy 70s. I'm a huge Peter Willes fan but David Cunliffe was clearly an arse! LOL

lovecraft
625 lines

Post by lovecraft »

My Clayhanger and Complete Special Branch sets arrived yesterday. Can I wade through the other 3 series before watching Tony Beckley and Jacqueline Pearce chewing scenery in series 4 or will I just have to scratch that itch immediately?!?!?

Brian F
D-MAC

Post by Brian F »

Just got my last 2 packages, one mistake in ordering from me so someone's getting an unexpected extra Christmas present.

By the way did anyone else notice that Regan (Blu ray) was in the sale section at £6.16p and the non-sale items section at £8.16p?

Bob Richardson
625 lines

Post by Bob Richardson »

Parcel arrived with a couple of items missing (out of stock). Sapphire & Steel and Crown Court must be very popular choices!

Yodel left the package at the side of my house, sliding it under the side gate. It sat there all day in pouring rain and when I found it the cardboard box had almost disintegrated and the delivery note was sodden. Thank goodness all of the DVDs are cellophane-wrapped. They were OK, despite the papier-mache pulp which surrounded them.
"Forfar 5 - East Fife 4"

Roll ACR
625 lines

Post by Roll ACR »

I hate it when that happens. I ordered a part for my car a while back and they left it on next door's driveway tucked under their car!!! If there's nobody in to accept it and none of the immediate neighbours are in or willing to take it in, they should damn well take it back to the depot for safe keeping.

Apparently the Post Office management take a dim view of the Posties returning items to the depot. They are encouraged to just "get rid" rather than return with anything.

I know I sound like an old git. But I do actually remember as a child that the postman was round before 9 and then again mid-morning with a second delivery of late items. Parcels were treated as valuable etc. etc.

Now you get the wrong mail delivered at lunchtime by some scruffy individual who will happily chuck your parcel post under the nearest bush or next door's Chelsea tractor.

Westcountry
405 lines

Post by Westcountry »

Bob Richardson wrote:Parcel arrived with a couple of items missing (out of stock). Sapphire & Steel and Crown Court must be very popular choices!

Yodel left the package at the side of my house, sliding it under the side gate. It sat there all day in pouring rain and when I found it the cardboard box had almost disintegrated and the delivery note was sodden. Thank goodness all of the DVDs are cellophane-wrapped. They were OK, despite the papier-mache pulp which surrounded them.
According to my Yodel delivery driver, Network parcel instructions specify they MUST have a signature and not be left without one
(returning to depot if one cannot be obtained), unlike Amazon and some other company instructions which MAY be left in a "safe place".
So should not be standard practice.

Caledonianne
405 lines

Post by Caledonianne »

I also ordered Sunday night, and the stuff was left with a neighbour by the Yodel guy on Wednesday, so I got on Thursday,

Justice
Main Chance series 2
Agony
Wood and Walters
Whodunnit Series 2
World in Action Volume 1
World in Action Volume 2

and On the Buses for someone as a gift

In bed with the flu, so have just been watching WiA on the laptop in my bed. Excellent - even better than I remembered.

Beaker
625 lines

Post by Beaker »

Beaker wrote:
ctraynor wrote:
Beaker wrote:Just a reminder that the sale is still up.

http://www.networkdvd.net/

Some excellent bargains in there. In fact, my wallet has just taken a bit of a walloping..... :o(

Still umming and ahhhing about getting The Prisoner Blu Ray set, though. I have the DVD's and they look ok.....will it be that much better on Blu?
Brilliant quality, I'm told. Apparently you can see McGoohan's shaving cut in Arrival even clearer on blu-ray.
I've caved in and ordered! I regretted not getting it last time they had it cheap.

The picture quality on my old Carlton set is a little ropey so it'll be nice to see if its as clear as everyone says.
I am pleased to report that it is a stunning set. Picture quality is stunning. It could have been filmed yesterday.

The free publicity amphlet that came separately was a nice surprise too.
If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!

lovecraft
625 lines

Post by lovecraft »

Well, I have just finished seies 2 of Special Branch and find myself somewhat sad to be bidding farewell to Nesbitt and Mackay. While a bit patchy early on I think this was a series and two leading men that were really finding their feet in the second series, particulalry in the second half where the writing really achieved a high consistency. I was even warming to the slightly odd Nesbitt.

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

lovecraft wrote:Well, I have just finished seies 2 of Special Branch and find myself somewhat sad to be bidding farewell to Nesbitt and Mackay. While a bit patchy early on I think this was a series and two leading men that were really finding their feet in the second series, particulalry in the second half where the writing really achieved a high consistency. I was even warming to the slightly odd Nesbitt.
My thoughts exactly. another two series of this Special Branch would have been most welcome, although the later version is still great television.

Not sure how to order in the Network Sale, though!

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

Cor.If there was ever a case for changing a thread title...I was just reaching for my wallet.

stearn
Committee

Post by stearn »

Before any more confusion, I'm locking the thread