Actors from a programme appearing in another

What's not currently on the box
Mark
Committee

Re: Actors from a programme appearing in another

Post by Mark »

A well known story, but worth repeating.

During a filming break on "Minder", George Cole and Dennis Waterman were sitting in a car chatting about their previous work and Waterman mentioned a film he had done, "Fright", Cole said, 'You weren't in that, I was", after a few moments arguing about it, they realised they WERE both in it, but didn't share any scenes and therefore didn't meet.

So although they were both in "Fright" and "Minder", even they didn't know it!
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

rosalyn
405 lines

Post by rosalyn »

A fellow cult TV viewer told me several years ago that he'd met Norman Eshley at one of these Autographica events, and that he'd asked him about appearing together with Dudley Sutton playing a pair of crooks in both Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), and Department S filmed around the same time.

According to Mr Eshley, both he and Dudley were under contract with Lew Grade to appear in not two, but three, films together, but couldn't remember what the third film was.

This got us scratching our heads. I knew the Randall episode was 'Could You Recognise the Man Again?', and Dept S 'Handicap Dead', where I think the two might have even been wearing the same clothes!!

Anyway, I've only just recently nailed the third, which turned out to be Crossplot.

Apparently though this is true, that the pair were actually signed to appear together in three shows/films.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Interesting story, I'm sure there are other examples of this happening too.

Always liked "Crossplot", it's a great film.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Private Frazer
625 lines

Post by Private Frazer »

One recent one: Sean Verey (Dan) and Dylan Edwards (Fitzy) from Shelfstackers(2010) are Jamie and Mike in BBC3'S Pramface.
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."