HD

Re: "Library Music"

Post by brigham »

"Der Management".

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

No, the cuddly lovable Messrs B and C...of course!

Another track, 'Eary Feary', C and B used ( for a dentist sketch) had been used as the theme for the LWT series "Tales Of Unease", as pointed out on an old thread.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Ian Fryer
405 lines

Post by Ian Fryer »

Ian Fryer wrote:
Mark wrote:

The "Woobinda" theme was specially composed I think, from Sven Libaek, on the album, 'This Day Tonight and other Australian Themes', did the theme for "Boney" as well.
Thank you Mark, that's incredibly helpful. Although the This Day Tonight album has never had a CD release, original release vinyl copies are available via Australia. I just need to decide if I want to pay £32 including shipping to the UK.

On a related note, insomnia last night led me to watch another classic Australian children's TV show from the sixties, The Magic Boomerang. During the climax to the episode the theme tune to the 1960s British ABC series Redcap turned up on the soundtrack.
Another sighting of the Redcap theme, this time on the soundtrack to the 1965 American SF-Horror cheapie Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster! Does anyone know what the piece is actually called?

Ian Fryer
405 lines

Post by Ian Fryer »

TonyCurrie wrote:I've released a few compilations of Library music on CD over the years on the Recur label and more recently as downloads/Spotify on the Lounge Music label; and my friend Steven Wills has compiled a plethora of excellent releases in aid of both Winchester Hospital Radio and more recently Chichester Hospital Radio, including a 10" vinyl of classic TV Themes from and on the de Wolfe label for record Store Day. There's masses of library music out there if you know where to look!
I missed this post from a few months ago. For those of us who still buy the occasional CD, here's Recur Records Discogs listing of releases: https://www.discogs.com/label/216340-Recur-Records

TonyCurrie
625 lines

Post by TonyCurrie »

Ian Fryer wrote:Hopefully this thread can keep running as a general resource for people wanting to know the details of library music from classic TV shows.

I'm currently trying to track down the theme from the 1968/9 Australian series Woobinda, Animal Doctor. It has a very Syd Dale sound about it, and would love to know the track details. Also some good CDs with library tracks on (some of us still buy discs from time to time!).
The "Woobinda" theme was - as already mentioned - composed by Graeme Lyall, but the orchestration was by Bob Gibson and Frank Marcy.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Tracks from the Bruton album, "Terrestrial Journey", (Space Panorama and Countdown) were used on the "Blakes 7" episode, "Duel".

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

From the 1971 KPM album, 'Electronic music', a track called Subaquatronic was used in the opening scene of "The Tomorrow People" serial "Achilles Heel" in 1978.

Also on the album is a track called Canned Can, which was used as the highly distinctive theme tune to "Robert's Robots".

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Last episode of the 77 series of "Van Der Valk" last night, "Diane", and one of the Library tracks had previously been used as the theme for Thames TV's 1974 series, "Zodiac".