A up its the Indoor league see thee.

What's not currently on the box
prisoner5
625 lines

A up its the Indoor league see thee.

Post by prisoner5 »

Fred Trueman hosting The indoor league, should be fun to see this again, afternoons and the wee small hours on CLTV ON sKY 192.

Mark
Committee

Re: A up its the Indoor league see thee.

Post by Mark »

Caught one of these, it was filmised, still, nice it's getting an airing.

'I'll Si Thi'
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

prisoner5
625 lines

Post by prisoner5 »

The episode i saw even had the Yorkshire logo at the start, yes its nice to surf around the channels and find these little gems, its got the old Dragnet shows under the name Badge 73 or what ever and Dick tracy of course. Just wonder what their plans are for the channel, think their HQ is in the Philipines.

JezR
625 lines

Post by JezR »

I recall the story that Fred Trueman used to tell that when he got the script for Indoor League he complained to Sid Waddell that he didn't speak like that. 'You do now', was his reply.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

prisoner5 wrote:The episode i saw even had the Yorkshire logo at the start, yes its nice to surf around the channels and find these little gems, its got the old Dragnet shows under the name Badge 73 or what ever and Dick tracy of course. Just wonder what their plans are for the channel, think their HQ is in the Philipines.
I'm not sure what they have got of "IL", but chances are it's only the first two series, already cleared for the DVD releases.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

JezR wrote:I recall the story that Fred Trueman used to tell that when he got the script for Indoor League he complained to Sid Waddell that he didn't speak like that. 'You do now', was his reply.
Nice, not heard that one, it worked though didn't it, it's what you associate with him ( whilst holding a pint!).

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

I wonder if Fred's 'blue' cabaret act was ever recorded?
That would be worth watching.

wittoner
625 lines

Post by wittoner »

Mark wrote:
JezR wrote:I recall the story that Fred Trueman used to tell that when he got the script for Indoor League he complained to Sid Waddell that he didn't speak like that. 'You do now', was his reply.
Nice, not heard that one, it worked though didn't it, it's what you associate with him ( whilst holding a pint!).
I remember someone who knew Fred (possibly from the TMS team) pointing out that he wasn't a beer drinker either but a Gin and Tonic man-especially if someone else was paying!.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

His acting turn in "Dad's Army" was reasonable, considering, and he was only drinking Tea in that ( well pretending to).