PR: Prospects: The Complete Series [Network]

What's not currently on the box
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: Prospects: The Complete Series [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

Created by Euston Films, the legendary Thames subsidiary whose hit series include The Sweeney and Minder, this razor sharp mid-eighties drama stars Gary Olsen and Brian Bovell as East London likely lads who are always a few quid short of success and trying to make good in Thatcher's Britain.

Resourceful, lovable and ever optimistic, Pincy and Billy harbour an entrepreneurial ambition that Mrs Thatcher would surely endorse. But as the Docklands development begins to take shape, among the derelict wharves and impoverished streets of the Isle of Dogs the two friends can only lurch from one dodgy scheme to another; running the gauntlet of local racists, often on the wrong side of the law and in hock to everyone from the rent man to the local café owner, they’re still searching for The Big One – something with prospects…

http://networkonair.com/shop/1673-prosp ... eries.html

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

Aaron76
405 lines

Re: PR: Prospects: The Complete Series [Network]

Post by Aaron76 »

Always wanted to see this again so this is a must. Cracking stuff!

Simon36
HD

Post by Simon36 »

Be interested to see this again, from Channel 4's tough days. I remember it was always on the same evening as another doley drama, What Now? Always thought it was odd to schedule them so close together.

jno
405 lines

Post by jno »

This is a truly great series!

An Unwanted Pfennig
405 lines

Post by An Unwanted Pfennig »

Great stuff! I lived "Down on the Isle" just a year or two before this was produced and it will really bring back some memories of an area that was, in some corners, pretty much abandoned since the blitz. So weird going back now.

Surely if this is worth resurrecting then there HAS to be hope for series two and three of "Big Deal". I would suggest that anyone who likes this should get on the "Big Deal" bandwagon, if only there was such a thing. Seriously though - if you like the one, you'll like the other I'd have thought.

Cheers.

An Unwanted Pfennig
405 lines

Post by An Unwanted Pfennig »

The Chinese Detective is another one that captures that now lost part of the East End. Well I think it's interesting anyway.

Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

Post by Mr_Wolf »

The first episode can for free for the next couple of weeks.

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.