Britbox - UK version

What's not currently on the box
Cole
625 lines

Re: Britbox - UK version

Post by Cole »

Just a head's up if you've got a iPad, in that you can cast from the iPad Britbox app to a smart TV on the same wi-fi network. I've removed my Fire stick and use this method for most streaming services and You Tube. TV is about four years old. Although, got to admit that ITV Hub and 4 OD can be a bit ropey at times.

ozsat
625 lines

Post by ozsat »

Nice one Don - your code still works for a 12 month sub.

If you start the free month first then apply the code to your account - you get 13 months.

The good thing about Acorn is the same login works on US and UK platforms (like Disney+) - the US selection is much much bigger.

Britbox requires different accounts for US and UK.
Don Satchley wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm
It is annoying isn't it Ian. I would highly recommend a fire stick though as you can use it for lots more services too. On our older TV I use the fire stick for DIsney+, Britbox, Acorn TV (if anyone would like a free year's subscription use the code IADVD12) and also I have Prime and so there is lots of good tv and some decent films there too. Also whenever I buy films these days I use the fire stick as prices are reasonable and I feel Amazon will be around for a long time and the 4K on some films is amazing, especially the James Bond films I have re-bought).
I am looking at probably buying a fire stick for my parents as, even though they don't have Prime, apparently it isn't needed and I think they would really enjoy Britbox.

Ian Wegg
625 lines

Post by Ian Wegg »

Cole wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:24 pm
Just a head's up if you've got a iPad, in that you can cast from the iPad Britbox app to a smart TV on the same wi-fi network. I've removed my Fire stick and use this method for most streaming services and You Tube. TV is about four years old. Although, got to admit that ITV Hub and 4 OD can be a bit ropey at times.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it this morning and it worked fine from my Android tablet to my Sony TV. I do this regularly for iPlayer and YouTube but they both have compatible apps on the TV. As there is no Britbox app on the Sony I hadn't expected it to work but it does.

Ironically, just as I made this discovery the Firestick I ordered from Amazon arrived. It doesn't look as if I'll need it now.