Britbox - UK version

What's not currently on the box
Cole
625 lines

Re: Britbox - UK version

Post by Cole »

Just a head's up if you've got a iPad, in that you can cast from the iPad Britbox app to a smart TV on the same wi-fi network. I've removed my Fire stick and use this method for most streaming services and You Tube. TV is about four years old. Although, got to admit that ITV Hub and 4 OD can be a bit ropey at times.

ozsat
625 lines

Post by ozsat »

Nice one Don - your code still works for a 12 month sub.

If you start the free month first then apply the code to your account - you get 13 months.

The good thing about Acorn is the same login works on US and UK platforms (like Disney+) - the US selection is much much bigger.

Britbox requires different accounts for US and UK.
Don Satchley wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm
It is annoying isn't it Ian. I would highly recommend a fire stick though as you can use it for lots more services too. On our older TV I use the fire stick for DIsney+, Britbox, Acorn TV (if anyone would like a free year's subscription use the code IADVD12) and also I have Prime and so there is lots of good tv and some decent films there too. Also whenever I buy films these days I use the fire stick as prices are reasonable and I feel Amazon will be around for a long time and the 4K on some films is amazing, especially the James Bond films I have re-bought).
I am looking at probably buying a fire stick for my parents as, even though they don't have Prime, apparently it isn't needed and I think they would really enjoy Britbox.

Ian Wegg
625 lines

Post by Ian Wegg »

Cole wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:24 pm
Just a head's up if you've got a iPad, in that you can cast from the iPad Britbox app to a smart TV on the same wi-fi network. I've removed my Fire stick and use this method for most streaming services and You Tube. TV is about four years old. Although, got to admit that ITV Hub and 4 OD can be a bit ropey at times.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it this morning and it worked fine from my Android tablet to my Sony TV. I do this regularly for iPlayer and YouTube but they both have compatible apps on the TV. As there is no Britbox app on the Sony I hadn't expected it to work but it does.

Ironically, just as I made this discovery the Firestick I ordered from Amazon arrived. It doesn't look as if I'll need it now.

Blunderbirds
405 lines

Post by Blunderbirds »

The big day arrived with ITC and Anderson arriving. Space 1999 and UFO are in genuine HD . A browse of Captain Scarlet left me unsure whether it was SD or HD but Randall episodes are the old Carlton versions and not the new HD versions with the restored original broadcast credits. The Prisoner is HD.
Sapphire and Steel removes the opening ATV ident but retains it at the end. I thought Joe 90 would be here too but still just episode 1.
I'm sure most fans are like me and have had the lot on disc for many years so it will be interesting to see how well these do at attracting subscribers. For the novice fan this bucketload of nostalgia certainly adds to the value of the subscription.

Cole
625 lines

Post by Cole »

Blunderbirds wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:48 pm
The big day arrived with ITC and Anderson arriving. Space 1999 and UFO are in genuine HD . A browse of Captain Scarlet left me unsure whether it was SD or HD but Randall episodes are the old Carlton versions and not the new HD versions with the restored original broadcast credits. The Prisoner is HD.
Sapphire and Steel removes the opening ATV ident but retains it at the end. I thought Joe 90 would be here too but still just episode 1.
I'm sure most fans are like me and have had the lot on disc for many years so it will be interesting to see how well these do at attracting subscribers. For the novice fan this bucketload of nostalgia certainly adds to the value of the subscription.
I think it worth a mention that the three new 50th anniversary Thunderbirds episodes have been included.

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Sony channel has been showing Randall and Hopkirk..they look very analogue PAL to me, which probably means they are also Carlton transfers..