"Doctor Who" (1970)

What's not currently on the box
AndrewP
625 lines

"Doctor Who" (1970)

Post by AndrewP »

This is a rather lovely blog with some vivid memories of period viewing - some of which I can relate to, some of which are startling fresh to me:

http://sundayinoldmoney.blogspot.com/

Hope others enjoy it too. :)

All the best

Andrew

brigham
D-MAC

Re: "Doctor Who" (1970)

Post by brigham »

"I never watched Dr. Who at all during the 1960s."

Not a very promising start from my point of view...

AndrewP
625 lines

Post by AndrewP »

brigham wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am
"I never watched Dr. Who at all during the 1960s."

Not a very promising start from my point of view...
Now I think about it, most of the "Doctor Who" fans I know now never watched "Doctor Who" in the 1960s... mainly because they hadn't been born.

I loved this as a different perspective from my own - it was rather nice to read a first hand account of a child who *was* that scared by the Daleks at the height of their success.

I only have subliminal memories of watching "The Wheel in Space" Episode 6 and "The Evil of the Daleks" Episode 6 during 1968 and then not really watching again until "Colony in Space" Episode Three when I utterly fell in love with it.

All the best

Andrew

Brock
HD

Post by Brock »

I refused to watch Doctor Who as a small child because I was scared of the title sequence. I never got as far as seeing the Daleks or anything else!

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

With regards "Star Trek", it was the other way around for me, I watched it, but I was counting the days until "Who" came back.

The 1970 series always brings back memories of other shows on at the same time, like "Catweazle" and "Frost On Sunday".

It's also interesting when you discover shared memories, turns out I wasn't the only one to be slightly frustrated that we didn't see much of the new Doctor in episode 1 of "Spearhead", and then later in the year, there's the shock ending to an episode of "Timeslip" when Edith Joynton is found aged to death, a moment none of us who saw it can forget.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"