Blu Ray recommendations....?

What's not currently on the box
lovecraft
625 lines

Blu Ray recommendations....?

Post by lovecraft »

The impending arrival of The Woman in Black TV adaptation has prompted me to finally pick up a BR player. What might anyone recommend as particularly worth picking up archive TV wise on this format or even what are the best film restorations out there?

Ian Wegg
625 lines

Re: Blu Ray recommendations....?

Post by Ian Wegg »

It depends where your interests lie, of course; my own Blu-ray collection includes The Avengers and The Persuaders which are both fabulous if that's your thing.

On a completely different note, I am particularly looking forward to the forthcoming release of Out of Town footage: Further Out of Town

lovecraft
625 lines

Post by lovecraft »

Well since I started this red hot thread I have picked up the Avengers and Prisoner on blu ray. The quality of the latter is definitely rather staggering. Hope the Avengers comes close too.

Also, my Woman in Black arrived today. No time to have viewed it just yet but it is a shame that twice they have used what are essentially adapted stills from the one genuine jump scare in the whole thing (and what a cracker it is too) in the accompanying paperwork. Not quite up there with the Statue of Liberty/Planet of the Apes SNAFU but a little thoughtless.

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

...Along with the image of Karloff in full make-up on Universal's 'Frankenstein'.

Cole
625 lines

Post by Cole »

lovecraft wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:16 am
Also, my Woman in Black arrived today. No time to have viewed it just yet but it is a shame that twice they have used what are essentially adapted stills from the one genuine jump scare in the whole thing (and what a cracker it is too) in the accompanying paperwork. Not quite up there with the Statue of Liberty/Planet of the Apes SNAFU but a little thoughtless.
I also have this Blu-ray now, but I'm keeping this to view over Christmas.

I seem to recall two jump scares: (spoiler alert) the one you mention and the child's ball. Mind you, I haven't seen it since it's original broadcast despite having an off-air copy.