"ITC Entertained the World" - podcast

What's not currently on the box
AndrewP
625 lines

"ITC Entertained the World" - podcast

Post by AndrewP »

Just wanted to flag up the first edition of this new podcast which focuses on the utterly superb and yet often neglected offering "Gideon's Way". This is certainly one of the very best debut editions of a podcast that I've come across; the hosts communicate their subject brilliantly and have really prepped so that they can demonstrate their understanding of the series and why the show was so effective at their very best.

https://jazwiseman.podbean.com/

Very much enjoyed this first one and look forward to more. Hope others find it as enjoyable as I have.

All the best

Andrew

Tim D
405 lines

Re: "ITC Entertained the World" - podcast

Post by Tim D »

This sounds great. Thanks Andrew.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Thanks also, for this.

Jaz Wiseman on ITC...unmissable!
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

AndrewP
625 lines

Post by AndrewP »

Now had the pleasure of hearing the "Danger Man" edition... and this builds upon the first very well indeed. Rodney and Jaz already offer a very nice contrasting set of expertise, and added to the mix this time is Rick - and you couldn't ask for a better understanding of Patrick McGoohan's career. It really is all very solid stuff - well researched, well presented. Definitely one of my very favourite podcasts.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/i ... mpt=uo%3D2

All the best

Andrew

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

The first one was great, so will most certainly listen to the "Danger Man" one.

Anything on ITC shows is always welcome.

Jaz_Wiseman
405 lines

Post by Jaz_Wiseman »

Episode 3 - Man In A Suitcase is available now

https://jazwiseman.podbean.com/e/itc-en ... -suitcase/

Jaz_Wiseman
405 lines

Post by Jaz_Wiseman »

AndrewP
625 lines

Post by AndrewP »

Jaz_Wiseman wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Marvellously entertaining edition. Again, it's just so good to hear a podcast that's full of solid content and discussion. It's driven by knowledge, understanding and passion - the hosts keep the subject firmly centre-stage and they really have an engagement with the series under discussion. They pick up on stuff like the rather out-spoken interview that Richard Bradford did with "Variety" just as "Man in a Suitcase" was about to debut on ABC in the USA - there's such a terrific understanding of how the actor's approach and drive was instrumental in both its considerable effectiveness on-screen and its swift termination off-screen.

Very definitely one of my favourite podcasts of late. Well worth a listen! :)

All the best

Andrew

rosalyn
405 lines

Post by rosalyn »

AndrewP wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:44 pm
Jaz_Wiseman wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Marvellously entertaining edition. Again, it's just so good to hear a podcast that's full of solid content and discussion. It's driven by knowledge, understanding and passion - the hosts keep the subject firmly centre-stage and they really have an engagement with the series under discussion. They pick up on stuff like the rather out-spoken interview that Richard Bradford did with "Variety" just as "Man in a Suitcase" was about to debut on ABC in the USA - there's such a terrific understanding of how the actor's approach and drive was instrumental in both its considerable effectiveness on-screen and its swift termination off-screen.

Very definitely one of my favourite podcasts of late. Well worth a listen! :)

All the best

Andrew
And the hour and thirteen minutes passed in a flash, leaving me wanting more from the excellent guests who both enlightened and entertained.

Definitely recommended.

Ros :-)

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Looking forward to this one as well, whenever I think of "Man In A Suitcase", the theme automatically plays in my head!

Jaz_Wiseman
405 lines

Post by Jaz_Wiseman »

Episode 4 - The Persuaders! - available now

https://jazwiseman.podbean.com/e/itc-en ... ersuaders/

AndrewP
625 lines

Post by AndrewP »

Just enjoyed the edition about "The Persuaders!" which confirms this as one of the very best podcasts that I've heard. I now feel that I can trust the judgment and opinions of those involved on the subject matter... which is very important as the subject matters progress into areas that I'm less familiar with. And the discussion is just so good - there's such an understanding from the hosts about the series, its production and the wider cultural context.

I think where this is succeeding - for me - is that these podcasts don't seem forced or rushed to meet a schedule; thought clearly goes into the topics for discussion (because there's so many good examples given to back up the points that are being made) and the editing is very effective to remove any potential slack. In comparison to other podcasts I hear, the personality of the contributors doesn't dominate and smother the subject under discussion - yet it is present, emerging through the comments and thoughts presented during the conversation. And this is the best balance I could personally wish for - entertaining, informed people with a talent to select and communicate the important aspects of the show under discussion.

They're a terrific listen. Certainly I'm looking forward to series that I'm less well-acquainted with - such as "The Zoo Gang" - being debated and discussed with such understanding and empathy.

Marvellous stuff.

All the best

Andrew

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Listened to the first three, look forward to "The Persuaders" one.

They are excellent, some points are down to personal taste of course, for instance, I much prefer the hour episodes of "Danger Man" to the 30 min ones, Rodney Marshall makes a good point about the dialogue having to be tighter for them, but the storylines are much more straightforward compared to the hour ones.

The hour episodes are more quirky with some of the weird ones being amongst my favourites, "The Ubiquitous Mr Lovegrove", "The Man With The Foot", my favourite of all is "Not So Jolly Rodger", "Colony Three" is another excellent one ( an interesting idea explored again a few years later!).

I do like the half hour ones, they are probably the best in that format, whereas later series like "The Adventurer" struggle somewhat, "The Protectors" manages reasonably well, but the storylines are so slight, and it's all over in a flash.

Jaz_Wiseman
405 lines

Post by Jaz_Wiseman »

ITC Entertained the World - episode 5 - The Zoo Gang. Available now

https://jazwiseman.podbean.com/e/itc-en ... -zoo-gang/

rosalyn
405 lines

Post by rosalyn »

Another very entertaining listen. Recommended.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Look forward to that one, another very good series.