The Prisoner Blu-Ray: Advice Needed

What's not currently on the box
Simon36
HD

The Prisoner Blu-Ray: Advice Needed

Post by Simon36 »

Hello all,

It’s time I got The Prisoner, as I haven’t watched it in years, but I see that there are now two different blu-Ray releases of it. does anyone have any insights into which is the better purchase? All suggestions welcome.

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Re: The Prisoner Blu-Ray: Advice Needed

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

I'm pretty sure the same HD masters from the original release were used in the new set. As far as I know the older release had fancier packaging with a book but as far as I can tell the 2019 release is just as good. Not an expert on these things so maybe someone can give a definitive answer. The only isssue is that the audio is EXTREMELY quiet on the blu rays and I cannot seem to fix it in the settings but I might be doing something wrong.

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

Don't know if this was on the original release, but the 2019 release includes a few episodes of DANGER MAN in HD so I think it's worth it plus the extras. I believe they is commentary for a episode or two but I'll need to check.

Simon36
HD

Post by Simon36 »

Unless I’m missing something, they seem to have different documentaries on, and the recent one doesn’t have the episode commentaries. Is this correct? The 2019 one on every site lists a few extras and the says “and much more” which is exasperating!

ArchiveTvfan43
405 lines

Post by ArchiveTvfan43 »

Well it's really up to you! If you want just the episodes with minimal extras (I haven't checked all of the discs out only seen a few episodes) then buy the 2019 set. Not sure what documentary is better so I can't comment on it.

Michael
625 lines

Post by Michael »