Forces tv

What's not currently on the box
MoviesmaN
405 lines

Forces tv

Post by MoviesmaN »

Now that there showning Sapphire @Steel who knows maybe next they could show Star Maidens.Loved this show with Judy Geeson.Its a shame though that they show a lot of 70s stuff.Yes I no Star Maidens was in the 70s to. I wish they would give us old 60s tv as well showning the likes of Daniel Boone with Fess Parker, and The Alaskans with Roger Moore, or a dedicated oldies channel like get tv.Even Jericho with John Leyton has never being shown. Im sure people would watch it or even put shows in there programme planner.

swills
405 lines

Re: Forces tv

Post by swills »

Along the line of TV LAND channel in the USA ?

spflog1
625 lines

Post by spflog1 »

MoviesmaN wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:03 pm
who knows maybe next they could show Star Maidens.Loved this show with Judy Geeson.
Yes, I have a great love for Star Maidens as well. Judy Geeson and Christiane Kruger were brilliant in their portrayals. It's amusing to see Blakes7's Gareth Thomas playing one of the main characters in this very different 1970s sci-fi.

The series was released a few years ago on DVD. I grabbed a copy immediately upon release. There's also a very hard to find CD release of the soundtrack music, which is very groovy man.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

"Star Maidens" was very good, Forces TV may well be the one to show it, as they seem to be picking up the Sci-Fi ones.

I still think there should be a channel dedicated to all those American TV Movies that were made, back in the 60's to 80's, including "Mystery Movie".

TPTV regularly show the Kolchack movie, "The Night Stalker" ( although not the first one that was done, oddly) but it would be great if they could pick up the TV series as well.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

Wasn't Columbo originally a Mystery Movie strand, rather than a TV drama?
Along with a couple of others which reached these shores, although with less impact.
(I'm thinking of the one with Buddy Ebsen).

Ian Wegg
625 lines

Post by Ian Wegg »

McCloud and McMillan & Wife. They shared a generic opening and closing sequence featuring a man on a distant horizon with a torch and a very catchy theme tune by Henry Mancini. It always annoyed me that Southern normally cut it out.

A less well-known strand that I remember was the man who would perform any task for a million dollars, I've just found on Wikipedia that it was called Cool Million. The NBC Mystery Movie.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

That Mancini theme was brilliant, and very nostalgic to hear it now!

Most, if not all, of the "Mystery Movie" series were shown back in the 70's, "Colombo" still gets screened, both runs of it.

That Ebsen series was "Barnaby Jones", a 'Quinn Martin Production', I think!

swills
405 lines

Post by swills »

Also BANACEK with the A team's Mr Peppard, and Madigan with Richard Widmark, also wasn't QUINCY part of the deal ?

Remember it Started as the Sunday Mystery Movie, with the guy and the torch, and the torch highlighting each 'film'

sometimes watch Colombo now, and wonder, will one day, they leave the opening intact? The theme is part of my mp3 collection in the car :-)

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Yes "Quincy" and even the lesser known "Snoop Sisters" got screened here

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

Mark wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:51 pm
That Mancini theme was brilliant, and very nostalgic to hear it now!

Most, if not all, of the "Mystery Movie" series were shown back in the 70's, "Colombo" still gets screened, both runs of it.

That Ebsen series was "Barnaby Jones", a 'Quinn Martin Production', I think!
Thanks. Time plays tricks.

Quincy is the name I was trying to remember for the Buddy Ebsen one.

Somehow I think that name would suit an Ebsen character!

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Such a long time ago, I have to think twice if I have remembered it correctly.

One episode of "Barnaby Jones" had Cannon in it, a sort of crossover.

Brian F
625 lines

Post by Brian F »

In London it is showing a message of a frequency change for this station from 22nd June and others, plus the loss of Chan 4+1 and Four Seven on HD.

JezR
625 lines

Post by JezR »

Mux 8 is being turned off nationwide.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/22-jun- ... st-changes