Westerns

What's not currently on the box
MoviesmaN
405 lines

Westerns

Post by MoviesmaN »

Id love Sky Q to give us oldies a dedicated Western channel showning actors that never get a showningl like Roy Rogers or Westerns that's never been on before.There are thousands they could put on instead of bloody John Wayne all the time as hes never off.The only movie I liked with him was the 1 he made in London. When Sky is thinking of new channels give us these as you cant have enough movie channels showning old late 50s early 60s first run Westerns.

fatcat
D-MAC

Re: Westerns

Post by fatcat »

TPTV have made a start with 'Hawkeye' but also there are a great many western era TV series' that have been ignored above the usual soap opera style stuff like Bonanza and The Virginian

The Man from Shenandoah.. Casey Jones.. Wild Bill Hickock.. The Legend of Jesse James.
..Whiplash..The Lone Ranger

come to mind any others?

Don Satchley
625 lines

Post by Don Satchley »

There are also quite a few old Westerns on Amazon Prime for free. Some of the well known John Wayne ones are even in HD of a fashion.

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

fatcat wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:37 am
TPTV have made a start with 'Hawkeye' but also there are a great many western era TV series' that have been ignored above the usual soap opera style stuff like Bonanza and The Virginian

The Man from Shenandoah.. Casey Jones.. Wild Bill Hickock.. The Legend of Jesse James.
..Whiplash..The Lone Ranger

come to mind any others?
Whiplash is set in Australia. Whether it's Western Australia I'm not sure...

Malcyb
405 lines

Post by Malcyb »

"Bronco" starring Ty Hardin on BBC-1 was a regular along with "Laramie" starring Robert Fuller from the early 1960's. Whilst on the other side over on ITV they had "Cheyenne" starring Clint Walker, "Rawhide" starring Clint Eastwood, "Gunsmoke" starring James Arness, "Maverick" starring James Garner, and Chuck Connors starred in both "Branded" and "The Rifleman".

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Ah yes forgot about those. Chuck Connors seemed to get everywhere in those days after having his tunic ripped every week LOL

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

fatcat wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:38 pm
Ah yes forgot about those. Chuck Connors seemed to get everywhere in those days after having his tunic ripped every week LOL
Yes, that title sequence remains in the memory, saw it so many times!

"High Chaparral" still gets shown, and I think "The Virginian" (Liked both of those) but no sign of my other favourite, "Alias Smith And Jones".

Not a western, but I'd love to see "Daktari" again.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"