What program is this from...? Stephen Fry 2007...

What's not currently on the box
Spiny Norman
D-MAC

What program is this from...? Stephen Fry 2007...

Post by Spiny Norman »

There were some clips on the BBC website, but what program did they come from...? Anyone?

I guess this is now archive television rather than current programs!

LATER EDIT: So to elaborate, this is part of the Fry at 50 weekend on BBC4; only the clips looked just like they were from a full program. But I think that in fact they were only links / introductions, never used for anything else. (The evening's items can be found on dubious websites and as said before the suit and tie are there but not the potted plant.)

I suppose the only way to be sure is with a copy of the evening (rather than the individual programs).
This is nøt å signåture.™

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Re: What program is this from...? Stephen Fry 2007...

Post by Simon Coward »

I don't know for certain, but could it be from The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive documentary that he did? A revised version was shown in 2007.

Later the same year he also did the documentary series HIV and Me and there was the one off Stephen Fry: 50 Not Out.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

Spiny Norman
D-MAC

Re: What program is this from...? Stephen Fry 2007...

Post by Spiny Norman »

Simon Coward wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:19 pm
I don't know for certain, but could it be from The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive documentary that he did? A revised version was shown in 2007.

Later the same year he also did the documentary series HIV and Me and there was the one off Stephen Fry: 50 Not Out.
Yes and also a Mark Lawson interview. He wears the same suit and tie there. But no potted plant in the back. I've been spot checking but I can't put my finger on it.

Possibly this was some kind of promo in between?
This is nøt å signåture.™