Thames programme at a weekend

What's not currently on the box
sxbarnes
405 lines

Re: Thames programme at a weekend

Post by sxbarnes »

Btw have been rattling through loads of tvtimes will mention any if anyone is interested

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

sxbarnes wrote:I'll try to get the listings but I suspect that your correct. 2030 bless this house, 2100 clayhanger.
It also may be one of those regional listings that aren't 100%.
My point was that 90 mins of documentary isn't going to play well against top of the pops etc.
That's a fair point, though I suspect the traditional contemporary audiences for TOTP and TWaW don't have a huge overlap. The shift from 20:30 to 20:00 certainly improved Bless This House's ratings - from that point onwards it beat Happy Ever After every week.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

sxbarnes
405 lines

Post by sxbarnes »

You're right. But there comes a time when one has to think of ratings and nearly all ITV regions were showing SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN from January? Even the rest of the Big Five would have mooted moving THIS WEEK back to 2130.

BTW back to PC again, not on my tablet!

Which year was the FRANKIE HOWERD CONFESSIONS series shown at 2130 Thursday? Was that 1976? Hence THIS WEEK moved again

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

sxbarnes wrote:Which year was the FRANKIE HOWERD CONFESSIONS series shown at 2130 Thursday? Was that 1976? Hence THIS WEEK moved again
The Howerd Confessions was on Thursday evenings in September and a bit of October 1976.

sxbarnes
405 lines

Post by sxbarnes »

The network slot for series one of GIVE US A CLUE was Thursdays 1545, however Southern opted out and showed it on Saturdays 1715

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

sxbarnes wrote:The network slot for series one of GIVE US A CLUE was Thursdays 1545, however Southern opted out and showed it on Saturdays 1715
That's true enough about Southern, but there wasn't really a network slot for them to opt out of.

Thames and Grampian were showing it at 19:00 on Tuesdays, ATV at 17:15 on Mondays, Granada at 18:30 on Wednesdays. The majority of the remainder - Anglia, Border, Channel, HTV, Scottish, Ulster, Westward and Yorkshire - initially showed it together on Thursday afternoons, although partway through the run Yorkshire moved it to 17:15 on Fridays.

But yes, Southern showed it on a Saturday: initially at 17:30, and then later at 17:15.

Billy Smart
625 lines

Post by Billy Smart »

I've got a rather rambling blog post up today about understanding ITV history through its component companies, inspired by my 1980s Londoner's memories of the Friday evening handover from Thames to LWT - http://cstonline.tv/have-a-great-london-weekend

Brock
HD

Post by Brock »

"Thames' studios were at the out-of-the-way North London Suburb of Teddington."

Very out-of-the-way of the rest of north London.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddington