Derek Nimmo (Documentaries? ) show query

What's not currently on the box
swills
405 lines

Derek Nimmo (Documentaries? ) show query

Post by swills »

Good Morning all, now this is a big stab in the dark, I have recently been in touch with an 'old flame', sadly only on emails and phone :-( but during the conversations, she mentioned that she had been in ads for the Sun, that went out on Friday's after 6pm, some Head and Shoulder ads from the late 70's at a guess, and she was in a Derek Nimmo programme, seems he went to the Bunny Club to do a piece for his show, the person who is asking was also there having auditions, she says it was in the show, but of course VCR's were not around then, she has looked on YT and found nothing, but a show such as this, from the late 70's very early 80's, would that just have been wiped over and the tape used again? or would, what I assume is an insert be on film anywhere?? sorry I don't know too much info about dates

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Re: Derek Nimmo (Documentaries? ) show query

Post by Simon Coward »

swills wrote:Good Morning all, now this is a big stab in the dark, I have recently been in touch with an 'old flame', sadly only on emails and phone :-( but during the conversations, she mentioned that she had been in ads for the Sun, that went out on Friday's after 6pm, some Head and Shoulder ads from the late 70's at a guess, and she was in a Derek Nimmo programme, seems he went to the Bunny Club to do a piece for his show, the person who is asking was also there having auditions, she says it was in the show, but of course VCR's were not around then, she has looked on YT and found nothing, but a show such as this, from the late 70's very early 80's, would that just have been wiped over and the tape used again? or would, what I assume is an insert be on film anywhere?? sorry I don't know too much info about dates
Sounds like Just a Nimmo from 25/02/1974 with Ruby Miller, Diana Dors, George Axelrod and Fleur (Bunny of the Year). You're right that the main programme doesn't survive - only a handful of JaNs do, but I don't know about any original film: as you say, it's most likely that his visit to The Playboy Club would be on film.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

swills
405 lines

Post by swills »

That must be the one, she mentioned Diana Dors :-) sad to hear it is 'gone' but I was not surprised, but it would be nice to find the film of the club, I'f love to surprise her :-)

swills
405 lines

Post by swills »

Anyone any idea where I may find who has the film ? if there is any