PR: Knight Errant [Network]

What's not currently on the box
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: Knight Errant [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

“Knight Errant ’59. Quests undertaken, dragons defeated, damsels rescued. Anything, anywhere, for anyone, so long as it helps. Fees according to means.”

Adam Knight is a young man who, having tried several jobs, decides to set up an agency, ‘Knight Errant ’59’, to solve other people’s problems – whatever they may be. There’s plenty of scope and, assisted by former reporter Liz and idealistic young writer Peter, the latter-day Sir Lancelot is kept busy with a variety of curious and exciting cases.

John Turner starred in this memorable Granada series with, for the first two series, Canadian-born Kay Callard and Richard Carpenter (who later made the transition from actor to writer and is best known as the creator of Catweazle); in the series’ later incarnation, Knight Errant Limited, Hugh David filled the role of the benevolent trouble-shooter with Wendy Williams as his secretary.

Though 75 episodes were made, only two still exist and this set presents these remaining two episodes from Knight Errant ’59 and Knight Errant Limited.

http://networkonair.com/shop/1746-knight-errant.html

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

JWG
D-MAC

Re: PR: Knight Errant [Network]

Post by JWG »

Continuing the 'Lollipop Loves Mr. Mole' and 'Our House' policy of releasing those few episodes which remain.
I think I'd prefer packages of orphaned sit com/thriller,etc. episodes.

Richard A
625 lines

Post by Richard A »

I'm largely OK with single releases of the tiny sum of extant episodes like this (Shadow Squad is another that comes to mind), but sitting on the shelf, they are a horrifyingly poignant reminder of just how much is lost, especially if it was good show.

Ross
D-MAC

Post by Ross »

Two remaining out of 75 is certainly grim reading. This programme was annihilated.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Happy to see remaining examples of series, so this will be very welcome.

Hugh David directed a couple of "Who" serials, and was married to Wendy Williams.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Richard Bignell
405 lines

Post by Richard Bignell »

Which episode of Knight Errant Limited is still in existence?

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

Richard Bignell wrote:Which episode of Knight Errant Limited is still in existence?
"The Joker" from 12/01/1961.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

andrew baker
625 lines

Post by andrew baker »

I was surprised to see that the original star was John Turner who was so brilliant as Roderick Spode in Jeeves and Wooster.

Presumably this was a very early VT series and not sold abroad and put on film? It looks as if it had interesting writers - a young Robert Holmes??

Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

Post by Mr_Wolf »

A fun little reviewby Mr McLachlan, of this parish (as it were).

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

bent_halo
Committee

Post by bent_halo »

A nice, jolly release but I would struggle to guess they were related shows purely from watching the surviving episodes!