PR: Burnside - The Complete Series [Network]

What's not currently on the box
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: Burnside - The Complete Series [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

Christopher Ellison reprises his role as Frank Burnside, one of The Bill’s best-loved characters, in this grittier, post-watershed spin-off first aired in 2000.

Having built his reputation on good detective work – combined with his unique approach of putting suspects’ heads down the toilet and making their lives hell – Burnside is back on familiar form heading a crack unit in the National Crime Squad, Britain’s equivalent of the FBI.

In a series of hard-hitting investigations tackling big-league villains – old adversary Ronnie Buchan (Paul Nicholas) topping his list – rough diamond Burnside is joined by Dave Summers, a suave graduate who sometimes finds his boss’s methods dubious, and the feisty Sam Phillips, a wild child with an instinctive flair for police work. His colleagues may be younger, fitter and trained in modern techniques, but both recognise that Burnside’s way gets results…

http://networkonair.com/shop/1785-burns ... eries.html

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

The Wooksta!
405 lines

Re: PR: Burnside - The Complete Series [Network]

Post by The Wooksta! »

Cool! Only saw the first episode and missed the rest. Burnside was one of my favourite characters from The Bill (even if he was really a cardboard cut out Jack Regan lite copper) so this will be high on my list.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

didi-5
625 lines

Post by didi-5 »

The cover makes Burnside looks like a Doctor Who sci-fi type! I remember this, it wasn't bad.

jno
405 lines

Post by jno »

Great series - watch out for a young Shane Richie in this.

Next up, Ellington?

PeteH
405 lines

Post by PeteH »

Yes, I too enjoyed this when it was first shown and will look forward to buying the DVD in due course. Still remember the parts Christopher Ellison played in the Sweeney and latterly Widows ...... very vividly!

On a slightly connected note, it was good to see the Bill from 1998 being repeated on the new UK TV Drama channel this morning. As many of you will have discovered, this channel relaunched today and is now on Freeview 20.

David Buck
405 lines

Post by David Buck »

There was a making of.. book done for this series - it was solicited in the book trade catalogues but it never appeared - I guess the orders didn't justify publication.

PeteH
405 lines

Post by PeteH »

Very interesting to learn that. I have the Kate Lock fictional story released in paperback by Harper Collins with the title...Burnside - The Secret Files

David Buck
405 lines

Post by David Buck »

I ordered copies for the five store I bought for at the time so I know it didn't appear unfortunately - I doubt it would have sold well anyway - the series was soon forgotten about - a shame as Burnside was for me the strongest character in the Bill. I think it was literally entitled "The Making of Burnside" but I have no idea about the intended publisher - I'm trying to recall who's catalogue it was in.