Lend me an ear...

What's not currently on the box
Simon36
HD

Lend me an ear...

Post by Simon36 »

Last night I was at a party and enjoying a chat with a chap who was a BBC producer at Lime Grove and TVC. We got on to the subject of archives and he confessed he had a load of stuff in his garage. Yes, of course I sat up and listened. He said he has cans containing, from memory, a Not Only But Also with T Bone Walker and As You Like It with Vanessa Redgrave. He couldn't remember what else offhand but would look. Def no Dr Who or Wednesday Play though. I've now got his email and said I'd find out about the NOBA as its a show I know nothing about. Anyone?

Lets not get our hopes up about this bit it could yield something that's missing...

bent_halo
Committee

Re: Lend me an ear...

Post by bent_halo »

Richard Charles Skryngestone
625 lines

Post by Richard Charles Skryngestone »

T-Bone Walker appeared on two NOBA episodes. One exists in the archives. The other does not. The one that does officially exist also has Peter Sellers. The one that doesn't officially exist also has Dusty Springfield.
Great News Inside, Chums!

Simon36
HD

Post by Simon36 »

Thanks for that... Fifty fifty chance then. Will keep you informed of what transpires!

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

The 1963 'As You Like it' survives,though this could always be an upgrade.
Fingers crossed about the rest!

Richard,IMDB and Lostshows has T-Bone Walker in the 20/3/1965,for which only the audio survives.(it's the Peter Sellers one).Which other one was he in?.

Added.Ah I see that Wiped News has the 20/3/1965 episode surviving in an NTSC format. http://wipednews.com/2010/11/02/audio-r ... des-found/

Richard Charles Skryngestone
625 lines

Post by Richard Charles Skryngestone »

Hmm. I may be mistaken. According to some sources T-Bone Walker also appeared on the 19 June '66 episode(Episode 2.6). But according to others he didn't. If that's the case, then it's just the Sellers one, which already exists...
Great News Inside, Chums!

David Buck
405 lines

Post by David Buck »

Simon - Dick Fiddy of the BFI & organiser of the MBW screenings is a member on this board so you can PM him if there's anything in this chaps garage that turns out to be missing, or contact Kaleidoscope.

Apologies if this is teaching grandma to suck eggs territory.

Simon36
HD

Post by Simon36 »

Not at all, thanks David. I did look at lostshows first but couldn't find a definite answer on there. Will email Dick.

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

Again,the Not Only...episode is listed at the BBC Motion Gallery.Unviewable,though /I've seen a reference to its being watchable in its entirety.Though that doesn't tell us if it was NTSC,of course.
Frankly,if nine tenths of the material he's got stored is known,I'd still be very happy about the other 10 %.

And,Simon,please pass on everyone's thanks to the guy for his efforts.