A Leap in The Dark - series 1 archive staus?

What's not currently on the box
David Buck
405 lines

A Leap in The Dark - series 1 archive staus?

Post by David Buck »

Does anyone know the archive status of the first series of "A Leap in The Dark" - I've just seen a reference to an extract on one of the BBC's regional websites and I'm wondering if this is something known to exist centrally - series 2 which is when they started to do dramatisations is incomplete so is series 1 similarly affected?

JWG
D-MAC

Re: A Leap in The Dark - series 1 archive staus?

Post by JWG »

David Buck wrote:Does anyone know the archive status of the first series of "A Leap in The Dark" - I've just seen a reference to an extract on one of the BBC's regional websites and I'm wondering if this is something known to exist centrally - series 2 which is when they started to do dramatisations is incomplete so is series 1 similarly affected?
http://www.lostshows.com/default.aspx?p ... 43bb6426cf

Is it this show?

JWG
D-MAC

Post by JWG »

JWG wrote:
David Buck wrote:Does anyone know the archive status of the first series of "A Leap in The Dark" - I've just seen a reference to an extract on one of the BBC's regional websites and I'm wondering if this is something known to exist centrally - series 2 which is when they started to do dramatisations is incomplete so is series 1 similarly affected?
Is it this show? http://www.lostshows.com/default.aspx?p ... 43bb6426cf

David Buck
405 lines

Post by David Buck »

yes - ish, but lost shows just copies the printed Kaleidoscope guide ignoring the first documentary series and only counting the latter 3 dramatised series (hence 17 episodes) - a note appears in the printed guide explaining that series 1 is not listed.
The lost shows listing needs amending as its not limited by genre so it's just wrong; on the total episode count at least.

Simon36
HD

Post by Simon36 »

I'm fairly certain none of series one exists bar the pilot episode. I seem to remember checking on INFAX years ago. But I can't be certain, sorry!

David Buck
405 lines

Post by David Buck »

found a couple of references to this clip online now so here it is -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/wiltshire/h ... 354240.stm

does infax list all the news and current affairs materials these days or could the series be sitting there unnoticed ?

bent_halo
Committee

Post by bent_halo »

Infax lists surviving inserts for 9.1.73, 6.2.73, 13.2.73, 20.2.73, 27.2.73, 6.3.73 and 20.3.73. The studio links were live as I recall, so they do appear to be lost/unrecorded. The entries on Infax rarely specify surviving format but are very detailed on contents with timings given.

Simon36
HD

Post by Simon36 »

That's encouraging: I always wanted to see the report on the policeman found dead in Clapham Wood and was frustrated there wasn't a nice VHS in the archive!