End of Part X

What's currently on the box
David Smith
405 lines

Re: End of Part X

Post by David Smith »

brigham wrote:
prisoner5 wrote:Would have been better if it read "end of act" then perhaps a number.
It would have been better without the whole thing, if they couldn't be bothered to put the numbers in.
How did the next part begin? "Part", perhaps?
I wasn't paying it my full attention but I think they just came back with the title/logo of the show.

Roll ACR
625 lines

Post by Roll ACR »

I didn't watch it all but professional curiosity meant that dipping in and out was irresistible. I must admit to having a WTF? moment when the "End of Part" super appeared. Ridiculous, not only going totally against ITV's own house rules but also rather industry jargonish without a number. Can't begin to understand why a quarter frame or centred lower third show logo couldn't have been used. Coming out of breaks - those I saw anyway, it was a composite WS with show logo.
What I saw made me think the cast were fairly excellent but the television direction, although having flashes of ambition and daring, was largely rather boring. A good effort overall and seemed to go off cleanly. But some of the gushing hyperbole being thrown about amongst industry types is really not justified. It was very good indeed but not "stunning".
Another thing that struck me was how odd to shoot 25p. Rather kills the liveness IMHO.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Roll ACR wrote: Another thing that struck me was how odd to shoot 25p. Rather kills the liveness IMHO.
Totally agree, I had to keep reminding myself it was live.

Interesting use of close ups and certain shots to hide camera movement, I didn't see any slip ups.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

ian b
D-MAC

Post by ian b »

END OF PART was used for THE MAKING OF... programme as well.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Missed that, hopefully it will be on the DVD which I'm tempted to get, when it comes out next year.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Brian F
D-MAC

Post by Brian F »

Today I caught the end of an as break on The Hotel Inspector repeat - they showed Part 4 before the show restarted so it is still going on.