Pompidou

What's currently on the box
Bob Richardson
625 lines

Pompidou

Post by Bob Richardson »

Just watched the second episode of Matt Lucas's new BBC2 sitcom, having been away for the debut episode. "Awful" doesn't really describe it. "Terrible" is perhaps more accurate. It appears to be an attempt to emulate the international success of Mr Bean, but is crass, witless and, importantly for a comedy show, completely unfunny. Am I misjudging something that is meant to appeal to kids? Am I an accidental viewer of something targeted at the "Teletubbies" generation? Perhaps Forum members with kids can reassure me that their children are lapping it up, because I won't be watching this charmless pap again.
"Forfar 5 - East Fife 4"

Al Dupres
405 lines

Re: Pompidou

Post by Al Dupres »

It does appear to have been buried in the schedule.

Al

andrew baker
625 lines

Post by andrew baker »

It seemed like something aimed at the Golden Rose of Montreux (remember those dire compilations of otherwise good shows?)
It was as bad a thing as I have ever seen. It would have been better with Charlie Drake.

Richard A
625 lines

Post by Richard A »

Even Danny Cohen, 'effuser' par excellence, said "Matt's new project is wonderfully original and ambitious. I can't wait to see what he and his talented team produce."

This, I think, is code for... "I didn't actually see this, nor sign it off myself, so don't blame me."

(Edit: Though I see that the Wiki article for Pompidou states that Cohen commissioned it.)

Roll ACR
625 lines

Post by Roll ACR »

I happened to catch the episode which aired at the weekend. Just channel hopped to the BBC as the opening titles were on, momentarily thought it was CBeebies! I'm quite sure that a three-year-old child would be beside themselves at the antics. Really difficult to believe it's on BBC One or Two (whichever). When are the scales going to fall from the commissioners' eyes?

Jaz_Wiseman
625 lines

Post by Jaz_Wiseman »

I saw an episode because my 9 year saw the trailer and asked to watch it. I thought it was desperate and unfunny, my 9 year laughed a lot but I didn't once. More drivel from Matt Lucas who had one funny character (Viki Pollard) and has little else except a massive ego to massage.