Line Of Duty (series 3)

What's currently on the box
The Post Office
405 lines

Line Of Duty (series 3)

Post by The Post Office »

I thought this third series was excellent. All the way through it was gripping stuff, particularly the interviews conducted at AC12 HQ. But, I thought the last 15 mins of the final episode was a bit of a let down. At that point it sort of jumped from a serious "police procedural" to an episode of The Professionals (nothing against the professionals, mind)

Wakey
405 lines

Re: Line Of Duty (series 3)

Post by Wakey »

Agreed. Great series but that ending was pretty terrible.

MASSIVE SPOLIERS FOR ENDING - stop reading now if you haven't seen it yet...

I mean it...

How the hell did Kate hit the car with that one shot at that distance/speed? Surely impossible. And why did she get commended for it rather than arrested? Surely no police officer should discharge a firearm except when someone's life is immediate danger - her targets may have been murderers but they were escaping, not as far as she could see threatening anyone at that moment.

ctraynor
D-MAC

Post by ctraynor »

I thought it was excellent until the action stuff in the last part. It was exciting and well shot but absurd. I just kept thinking where is he hoping to run to?

The Post Office
405 lines

Re: Line Of Duty (series 3) + (series 4)

Post by The Post Office »

Back again! One year on!
I thought this series 4 of "Line of Duty" was excellent. I thought series 3 was excellent too - apart from that last 15 - 20 mins at the end. But no such complaints with this series. And there is a series 5 to come. So back here again in 12 months time ;)
*Update* Make that two years time! Series 5 - filming next year for showing in 2019.

Don Satchley
625 lines

Post by Don Satchley »

A terrific series that we only recently watched due to recommendations. I just hope Adrian Dunbar doesn't turn out to be the kingpin in Series 5 ;)