"When Dummies Took Over The World"

What's currently on the box
Mark
Committee

"When Dummies Took Over The World"

Post by Mark »

Bradley Walsh looks back at many TV favourites including Sooty, Emu, Lord Charles, Orville and others.

Saturday, 9pm, ITV.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

fatcat
D-MAC

Re: "When Dummies Ruled The World"

Post by fatcat »

I nearly dismissed that prog for watching as I thought it was about crash test dummies LOL

Mark
Committee

Re: "When Dummies Took Over The World"

Post by Mark »

Pleasant enough for an hour, although did they say "The Pink Windmill Show" was the first starring show?...what about "Emu's Broadcasting Company".

I remember that "Wogan" edition with the Corbetts, some good clips on it.

Cole
625 lines

Post by Cole »

Mark wrote:Pleasant enough for an hour, although did they say "The Pink Windmill Show" was the first starring show?...what about "Emu's Broadcasting Company"...
Especially odd as there was a tiny clip from Emu’s Broadcasting Company, at the beginning of the Emu segment, where Emu is attacking Billy Dainty.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Cole wrote:
Mark wrote:Pleasant enough for an hour, although did they say "The Pink Windmill Show" was the first starring show?...what about "Emu's Broadcasting Company"...
Especially odd as there was a tiny clip from Emu’s Broadcasting Company, at the beginning of the Emu segment, where Emu is attacking Billy Dainty.
Oh yes, so there was, very odd!

The Lord Charles clips showed how brilliant Ray Alan was, and very funny.

Scary
625 lines

Post by Scary »

I'm glad they included the clip of Nookie Bear being interfered with by some pesky children. What programme was that from? some sort of Christmas hospital thing?

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Scary wrote:I'm glad they included the clip of Nookie Bear being interfered with by some pesky children. What programme was that from? some sort of Christmas hospital thing?
It's cropped up a few times over the years, but can't bring it to mind, does look as if it's a Xmas Hospital show though!