'Armchair Theatre' on Talking Pictures

What's currently on the box
Mark
Committee

Re: 'Armchair Theatre' on Talking Pictures

Post by Mark »

Nick Cooper 625 wrote:
ian b wrote:
fatcat wrote:TP announced last night (after AT) that they had now shown the entire surviving eps of Armchair Theatre

I would have thought there would have been lots more survivors of the Thames era?
For the record, over the words "Final Episode. Thank you for watching Armchair Theatre", what was said was "And this episode concludes the entire series I'm afraid to say. We hope you've enjoyed being reunited with this wonderful series."
Lie! Lies! Lies!
Sounds like they already knew the answer to that last line, perhaps only a few enjoyed the reunion, so not enough to continue with it, sadly it's not something today's TV audience are used to anymore.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

'Print-through' is where louder sounds become transferred to the turn of tape either side of the section in question, when it has been spooled-up unplayed for a time.
The unwanted 'echo' can therefore appear both before and after the 'real' sound. It is often heard in short gaps during loud passages, particularly in orchestral music.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

"Armchair Theatre" is back on TPTV, starting Sunday night at 10pm ( after "Palladium") with 1971's "Office Party", Peter Barkworth and Ray Brooks appear.

fatcat
D-MAC

Post by fatcat »

Mark wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:03 am
"Armchair Theatre" is back on TPTV, starting Sunday night at 10pm ( after "Palladium") with 1971's "Office Party", Peter Barkworth and Ray Brooks appear.
Do you know if it is ones they have not shown before?

If not... Bless em TP TV ... I suppose having their expertise in film knowledge it may not extend to the wild and wacky world of TV archive and they can only go with what they are told by some 18 year old at the distributors when they said on the prior run "that was the last surviving episode of Armchair Theatre"
I have also noticed they appear not to be showing the Roy Orbison/Seekers Palladium show..obviously they may not know it exists.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

It's new to TPTV, but next weeks is a repeat of "A Bit Of A Lift".

TPTV trailed all surviving "Palladium" shows, (including the 70's revival), wouldn't have thought there would be any clearance problems with the Orbison/Seekers one though?

ozsat
625 lines

Post by ozsat »

There are a few from that series "THE LONDON PALLADIUM SHOW" - which are listed as existing and are not on TP or the DVD set.
fatcat wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 am
I have also noticed they appear not to be showing the Roy Orbison/Seekers Palladium show..obviously they may not know it exists.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

ozsat wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:32 pm
There are a few from that series "THE LONDON PALLADIUM SHOW" - which are listed as existing and are not on TP or the DVD set.
fatcat wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 am
There are one or two that are un-clearable, we won't be getting the Nureyev one from the 70's revival, for instance.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

There's more "Armchair Theatre" being shown on TPTV.

At 11pm, "According To Rules" from 1974, with Liam Redmond, and Sunday night, "The Death Of Glory" from 1973, with Warren Clarke.