The All-Purpose Current Doctor Who (2005-) Thread

What's currently on the box
Private Frazer
D-MAC

Re: The All-Purpose Current Doctor Who (2005-) Thread

Post by Private Frazer »

Good to see a 'festive season' one announced "Revolution of the Daleks" coming sometime soon and presumably an explanation of The Doctor's escape.
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."

drmih
625 lines

Post by drmih »

I think the Doctor will be in prison for a portion of the special before no doubt Jack rescues her. It's ok though, as those most capable companions will deal with the Daleks on Earth:)

paul.austin
625 lines

Post by paul.austin »

drmih wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:00 pm
I think the Doctor will be in prison for a portion of the special before no doubt Jack rescues her. It's ok though, as those most capable companions will deal with the Daleks on Earth:)
Bradley Walsh: "I'll have you know I host a game sh-"

Dalek: "EXTERMINATE!"

*satisfying scream*

;)

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Not so much Resolution as Rehash.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

drmih
625 lines

Post by drmih »

Not so much Resolution but Revolution but it was a bit naf:) The drawn out companion exit went on and on and are there really fans out there who were attached to them? It really does need a reboot as I'm not sure that it works either side of the camera nowadays.

Private Frazer
D-MAC

Post by Private Frazer »

With thankfully few time travel paradoxes to get lost in this felt to me like a good old Terry Nation adventure. As he approached the incinerator I wanted the technology guy to forget about the recycling - and the Doctor's escape was very slick.
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."

Cole
625 lines

Post by Cole »

Private Frazer wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:44 pm
... As he approached the incinerator I wanted the technology guy to forget about the recycling ...
Bearing in mind he had no idea what he had created, I was quite shocked that he was prepared to incinerate a live creature.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

drmih wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:24 pm
Not so much Resolution but Revolution but it was a bit naf:) The drawn out companion exit went on and on and are there really fans out there who were attached to them? It really does need a reboot as I'm not sure that it works either side of the camera nowadays.
Oops! Typo alert!

Whatever it was of 'The Daleks", it seemed to be made up of elements from even recent episodes.

Didn't think much of those new Daleks either, still look like the old Cherilea ones from the 60's, (still got one somewhere.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Cole wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:45 pm
Private Frazer wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:44 pm
... As he approached the incinerator I wanted the technology guy to forget about the recycling ...
Bearing in mind he had no idea what he had created, I was quite shocked that he was prepared to incinerate a live creature.
The Doctor killed a TARDIS, also not very nice!

MASSIVE SPOILER Alert

If you recall, at the end of the last series there was a Matrix flashback with all that Irish Family stuff...

John Bishop ( the new Companion, Dan) obviously a Scouser, and Liverpool with a massive Irish Heritage...he's going to turn out to be the Timeless Child isn't he.!

If not, I'll eat my Sonic Screwdriver!

Cole
625 lines

Post by Cole »

Mark wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:13 pm
drmih wrote:
Oops! Typo alert!

Whatever it was of 'The Daleks", it seemed to be made up of elements from even recent episodes.

Didn't think much of those new Daleks either, still look like the old Cherilea ones from the 60's, (still got one somewhere.
Bearing in mind that iPlayer had this up in UHD, maybe it was 4K Resolution of the Daleks.

Brian F
D-MAC

Post by Brian F »

The screen ratio made 4K seem to be the original format to me.

voyager
405 lines

Post by voyager »

Looks like the 13th doctor is heading for the exit.... hopefully the current show runner will quickly follow

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

Cole wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:38 am
Mark wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:13 pm
drmih wrote:
Oops! Typo alert!

Bearing in mind that iPlayer had this up in UHD, maybe it was 4K Resolution of the Daleks.
Apparently it was on iPlayer just before the episode was screened, bit of a boo boo there!

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

voyager wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:05 pm
Looks like the 13th doctor is heading for the exit.... hopefully the current show runner will quickly follow
I'm not surprised, she will be keen to move on, CC may well stay though, so he can work with more than one Doctor.

Richard Charles Skryngestone
625 lines

Post by Richard Charles Skryngestone »

Revolution of the Daleks was more of the same. There was nothing to recommend about it. Unless the point is to show how making sure to appeal to various vocal groups can reduce a once-great show to this.

The Female Doctor and Her right-on "fam" battle the Evil Conservatives. Along with Daleks. And the Doctress saves the day by committing genocide. But a more liberal, progressive sort of genocide, one would imagine.

Maybe Series 13 can have Jodie in the Enola Gay, dropping the bomb personally, explaining she had to do it, while pulling funny faces?

Tom Baker famously asked "Have I the right?" Chibbers and Jodie responded "Damn right!"
Great News Inside, Chums!