Talking Pictures - I wonder why?

What's currently on the box
jeffcv
405 lines

Talking Pictures - I wonder why?

Post by jeffcv »

I've lost count of the number of times the Jack Warner film Jigsaw has been on - it's on again this week - perhaps the copyright has expired? Not that it's a bad film, but Smokescreen, with Peter Vaughan, of the same era and also partly set in Brighton, I think has only been on once, and it's just as good!

Brian F
D-MAC

Re: Talking Pictures - I wonder why?

Post by Brian F »

Well Smokescreen is on one of the Renown Films Crime Collections sets, perhaps they are encouraging you to buy that.

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

jeffcv wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:48 am
I've lost count of the number of times the Jack Warner film Jigsaw has been on - it's on again this week - perhaps the copyright has expired? Not that it's a bad film, but Smokescreen, with Peter Vaughan, of the same era and also partly set in Brighton, I think has only been on once, and it's just as good!
I love Smokescreen, but it's been on TPTV loads of times. Three times so far this year, four times last year, five the year before. At least 30 times I reckon since TPTV started in May 2015.

But you're right that Jigsaw's been on more often. No difference yet this year - just three times too - but seven times, I think, last year, five the year before. More than 40 in total.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

ozsat
625 lines

Post by ozsat »

Smokescreen has been on 26 times since Jan 2016 - and 5 in past 12 months.
Jigsaw has been on 35 times since Jan 2016 - and 6 in past 12 months.

jeffcv
405 lines

Post by jeffcv »

I stand corrected! I shall look out for it in future to make a recording. Caught Interlude on TPTV yesterday - John Cleese's cameo in it is marvellous!

ozsat
625 lines

Post by ozsat »

Smokescreen airs on Talking Pictures on 24 Aug at 6.30pm
jeffcv wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:48 am

jeffcv
405 lines

Post by jeffcv »

thanks v much for heads up! When I watched most of it a couple of years ago I missed a 20 minute chunk in the middle, but not much seemed to have happened while I was away!!