The Returned

What's currently on the box
Doom Patrol
625 lines

The Returned

Post by Doom Patrol »

Glad I spotted this. A bit of a surprise, and very well done I thought. Nice brooding atmosphere with a promising mystery. Apparently the producer is a fan of Twin Peaks.

Simon Winters
405 lines

Re: The Returned

Post by Simon Winters »

Very well made, I thought. Very high quality.

Also, very refreshing to see a drama where the production company dosen't have to begin by creating the usual collection of gay, ethnic minority and disabled characters and is then tasked with building the story around them - as happens with virtually all current BBC drama output. BBC supernatural drama particularly suffers from this need to educate the proletariat at every chance.

Clearly, Canal + does not have to fill in the minority groups tick-off form that the BBC have to do.

I've got nothing against any minority groups of course. Just amazed to see a production where it's just a good a story with no politically correct agenda to teach the viewer about.

Doom Patrol
625 lines

Post by Doom Patrol »

Well, yes, the French often seem to have a slightly different take on things than we do. It might be a bit of a cliché to say so, but it's quite refreshing to see an imaginative story that isn't loaded down with baggage.

Doom Patrol
625 lines

Post by Doom Patrol »

Plot thickening nicely. Are they devils or angels? It's very nicely ambiguous. You'd think they'd put a camera in the underpass though, wouldn't you?

David Buck
405 lines

Post by David Buck »

It's a great series - enjoying it immensely so far - the subtitled advert breaks were a clever touch - I wonder who's idea that was?

Focus II
625 lines

Post by Focus II »

Very much enjoying this series. I'm pleased, like those shown on BBC4, they're shown with subtitles and not dubbed. Can we please see more quality European drama on British TV?

Brian

Peter Neill
625 lines

Post by Peter Neill »

It's also refreshing not to have very episode starting with a "previously on" recap. My memory may not be what it was, but I can just about remember what I saw last week.