Round the Horne

The good stuff on the wireless and in the shops
bbctim
405 lines

Round the Horne

Post by bbctim »

Complete series one re-released on cd at a more palatable £18 on Amazon, after the ridiculous prices being offered for the first release sets. Didn't they first retail anyway around the £50 mark per set?

Mark
Committee

Re: Round the Horne

Post by Mark »

I take it, this is to do with the new company taking over from the defunct AudioGo.

Anyway, I'm glad to see them being re-released ( any chance of a complete release of "Beyond Our Ken", this time.?).

I started collecting the box sets of "The Navy Lark", but missed a couple, (which were then deleted), so I didn't continue with them as I couldn't complete the run, hopefully they will be re-released now.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"

Bob Richardson
625 lines

Post by Bob Richardson »

bbctim wrote:Complete series one re-released on cd at a more palatable £18 on Amazon, after the ridiculous prices being offered for the first release sets. Didn't they first retail anyway around the £50 mark per set?
I've always been a huge fan of the series. The writing was sharp and the double entendres unbelievable at times, considering how prudish Auntie could be. I bought the first series when it was released at around £60 or more but gave up after that because I felt they were horribly overpriced.
"Forfar 5 - East Fife 4"

Bernie
D-MAC

Post by Bernie »

My younger son, now 20, grew up on Radio 4 Extra repeats of Round the Horn. He thought it was brilliant, though (probably) the double entendres mostly passed him by. We went to the stage show when he was about 12 or so, and he was whispering the punchlines just before they happened, to the delight of the "in their '70s" couple next to us. They loved it that he knew the series from 40 years before he was born so well. We told him to stop.

B

Bob Richardson
625 lines

Post by Bob Richardson »

I still discover "new" elements within the scripts which passed me by the first, second and even third times I heard the shows. Julian and Sandy's legal practice, Bona Law went over my head at first, not being familiar with our former Prime Minister, Bonar Law. I did, however, roar with laughter when KW admitted that he and Sandy "handled the most bizarre briefs"...
"Forfar 5 - East Fife 4"

wittoner
625 lines

Post by wittoner »

"We have a Criminal practice that takes up most of our time"

Gary C
405 lines

Post by Gary C »

DavidAbsalom
405 lines

Post by DavidAbsalom »

Amazon has series 3 of its predecessor Beyond Our Ken due for release in January on CD. About bloomin' time.

Mark
Committee

Post by Mark »

That's great news, hopefully all surviving editions will get a release.
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"