Davies and Moffat on Radio 2

The good stuff on the wireless and in the shops
Private Frazer
D-MAC

Davies and Moffat on Radio 2

Post by Private Frazer »

Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat will be appearing on the Graham Norton Show on Radio 2 tomorrow. They will be discussing adapting their own episodes for the iconic Doctor Who Target Collection (as are also novelists Jenny Colgan and Paul Cornell). More Info It'll be interesting and no doubt they'll talk about the new doctor.
"Now listen you guys, I don't wish to alarm you but there's some pretty weird things going on out here..."

brigham
HD

Re: Davies and Moffat on Radio 2

Post by brigham »

Davies will no doubt bring his preoccupation with buggery into the discussion at every possible opportunity.
Much as he did in Doctor Who itself.

drmih
625 lines

Post by drmih »

What's life like in the 1950s?

John Williams
625 lines

Post by John Williams »

brigham wrote:Davies will no doubt bring his preoccupation with buggery into the discussion at every possible opportunity.
I could moderate these kind of comments but won't as I think they say more about the person writing them than they do about the subject of his inane criticism. Maybe try and grow up a bit.

brigham
HD

Post by brigham »

John Williams wrote:
brigham wrote:Davies will no doubt bring his preoccupation with buggery into the discussion at every possible opportunity.
I could moderate these kind of comments but won't as I think they say more about the person writing them than they do about the subject of his inane criticism. Maybe try and grow up a bit.
Anyone with a modicum of observational skill would be aware that Russell T. Davies has allowed his preoccupation with sex to permeate everything he has done in his otherwise-remarkable career.
We have to be grateful in some cases; we would never have had the innovative Torchwood had Davies's insistence on portraying gay sex not been too much for even the BBC's delicate sensitivities, in pre-watershed Dr. Who.
The man has, regrettably, allowed his obsession with promoting his own personal sexual identification over-rule his judgement time and time again, causing irrelevant intrusions into generally well-written drama. 'Here we go again' is all too often the resultant reaction.
Who can forget the interview in Dr. Who Magazine, when Davies imagines his 90-year-old self in his nursing home 'still chasing the male nurses in his wheelchair'.
Shades of Benny Hill?