Radio 2, Terry Wogan spot 'Hello Chunky' music - circa 1978

The good stuff on the wireless and in the shops
Controller 2957
625 lines

Radio 2, Terry Wogan spot 'Hello Chunky' music - circa 1978

Post by Controller 2957 »

Does anyone recall Terry Wogan's 'Hello Chunky' spot that formed part of his Radio 2 breakfast show in the mid to late '70s? I seem to remember it featured Terry reading out a recipe for would-be slimmers (hence the title) The recipe would be read out over a fast-paced, whistled tune that was extremely catchy! I'm guessing it was a library piece but I suppose it could've been specially written for the slot.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!
You see, no-one... NO-ONE escapes the new world!!

The Official Timeslip Website
http://www.timeslip.org.uk

ian b
D-MAC

Re: Radio 2, Terry Wogan spot 'Hello Chunky' music - circa 1

Post by ian b »

My first thought is that perhaps Andrew Pixley's GOODIES books may provide an answer, as Wogan's spot is spoofed in CHIBBY CHUMPS - and they do give these snippets...

A Walk In The Black Forest is used in Wogan's Fight The Flab broadcast, and when Tim phones in the music playing is Tony Kinsey's Factory Fresh from the 1971 LP Vibraphone Jazz Quartet (KPM1091).

I doubt you are thinking of Black Forest, but maybe the other one is true to what you are thinking of?

Controller 2957
625 lines

Re: Radio 2, Terry Wogan spot 'Hello Chunky' music - circa 1

Post by Controller 2957 »

ian b wrote:My first thought is that perhaps Andrew Pixley's GOODIES books may provide an answer, as Wogan's spot is spoofed in CHIBBY CHUMPS - and they do give these snippets...

A Walk In The Black Forest is used in Wogan's Fight The Flab broadcast, and when Tim phones in the music playing is Tony Kinsey's Factory Fresh from the 1971 LP Vibraphone Jazz Quartet (KPM1091).

I doubt you are thinking of Black Forest, but maybe the other one is true to what you are thinking of?
Checked it out. Sadly not the piece I'm looking for, thanks all the same.
You see, no-one... NO-ONE escapes the new world!!

The Official Timeslip Website
http://www.timeslip.org.uk