Radio 210 Archive Website

The good stuff on the wireless and in the shops
Radio210
405 lines

Radio 210 Archive Website

Post by Radio210 »

Hi All,

I've been a long time lurker on this forum, and a huge fan of archive TV and Radio, which has led me to setting up a website to build an archive for the 19th ILR station to launch, Radio 210, which was based in my hometown of Reading. The site has a number of audio recordings and photos from 210, ranging from the launch with Paul Hollingdale on 6th Match 1976, until the later years as 2-Ten fm. I'm also in the process of adding jingles, adverts, and full shows, including some interesting "Matthews Meets" shows, where 210 presenter Mike Matthews interviews different prominent people - recorded in the mid 1980s, they include Barbara Cartland, Gyles Brandreth and Rick Wakeman, among others.

In addition, I'll be adding photos or scans of memorabilia, programe schedules, forms, cards, etc. And another feature is The Radio 210 Voices of Your Life podcast, where I interview people who worked at 210 across the years, to talk about their time there - including David Hamilton, who was a really nice guy when I met him.

Does anyone on this forum have, or know anyone who might have, tapes, photos, or anything at all Radio 210 related from any time of the station's existence please? Anything from single photos or short snippets, to full shows and photo albums, all would be much appreciated. If you can help in any way, please e-mail me at 210thamesvalley@gmail.com - I'm happy to help with converting audio cassettes or video tapes, and I can scan photos and documents too. I'll help in any way possible to get content rescued and added.

In any event, if you enjoy vintage radio, or have memories of Radio 210, please feel free to visit and enjoy the website at www.radio210.co.uk - I'm in the process of putting together some more updates over the coming weeks.

Thankyou,

Barry

Mark
Committee

Re: Radio 210 Archive Website

Post by Mark »

David Hamilton is always great value, nice one!

The more Radio preserved the better, so a great idea for a website!
"A cup of Tea....Tea...Tea"