"Behind the Sofa: Celebrity Memories of Doctor Who"

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
AndrewP
625 lines

"Behind the Sofa: Celebrity Memories of Doctor Who"

Post by AndrewP »

Located a copy of this rather wonderful book at the Sheffield Space Centre yesterday and just wanted to recommend it to other long-term devotees of the series should anyone have some pennies from Santa left over at the end of a Christmas which I know is a tight one cash-wish for many people around the world at present. It's a beautifully presented volume with some terrific illustrations from the massively talented Ben Morris, and contains some truly delightful, inspiring, humorous, poignant and heartfelt memories from a whole range of different people ... some associated closely with this bizarre, strange, silly little show, and some not. It's certainly left me with a greatest respect for some of the contributors after reading it. Many of those writing for it I already respected immensely, and I possibly value their work now even more.

With publishing technology so much cheaper and easier than ever before, the world seems to become increasingly clogged up with books on "Doctor Who" expousing opinions, perspectives, viewpoints and hypotheses. In recent years, I've realised that there aren't enough hours left to read them all and to be able to live a life. As a result I've not caught an awful lot of them. But I'm so pleased that I caught this one!

You can find out about it here: http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=1978

Hope that if you do get a copy, you enjoy it as much as I've done. Steve Berry has assembled something rather special here.

All the best

Andrew

Darren Fricker
405 lines

Re: "Behind the Sofa: Celebrity Memories of Doctor Who"

Post by Darren Fricker »

Thanks for the heads-up, this does look like a labour of love and quite intriguing.

The fact that there's a large charity element to this makes it all the more appealing.

I'd better wait a couple of days in case anyone's thought of buying it for me but otherwise, consider it ordered :o)