Detailed reference book on ITC

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
stuartfanning
405 lines

Detailed reference book on ITC

Post by stuartfanning »

I understand that some years ago a detailed reference books was published on Sir Lew Grade's ITC. It's history and detailed information on the programmes it made or co-produced. I believe the book was published by a small independent publisher and is now hard to find. Can anyone please post details on this book: title, author(s), publisher etc. Thanks.

Shaqui
625 lines

Re: Detailed reference book on ITC

Post by Shaqui »

stuartfanning
405 lines

Post by stuartfanning »

Yes, that's the one. Thanks very much!

45doyle
405 lines

Post by 45doyle »

I have it; it's little more than an episode guide though.....

stuartfanning
405 lines

Post by stuartfanning »

45doyle wrote:I have it; it's little more than an episode guide though.....
Oh. Does it list everything though including all the variety series and specials from Smith/Hemion?

45doyle
405 lines

Post by 45doyle »

No not even a mention (will dif out my copy to check though). All the information was basically taken from the TVT episode listings. It does indeed list all the ITC series produced that were classed by ITC as action/adventure. At the time it was a good source of info in one volume - after all this was pre-web days for most. It's certainly has its place, but not convinced its worth $78....others may disagree though!

johnny b goode
405 lines

Post by johnny b goode »

CULT TV The Golden Age of ITC by Robert Sellers is a great book with interviews from all the stars ,great stories etc.Published by PLEXUS in 2006,it may still be available.Cost me £14.99 then from Borders. No episode guide though,but details at the back of the book about all the shows,how many,length and year etc.May be worth a look.

perov
405 lines

Post by perov »

For an episode guide, the ITV Encyclopedia of Adventure by Dave Rogers, is a handy book and can be picked up on ebay for around a fiver.

Left Field
405 lines

Post by Left Field »

The Dave Rogers book on ITV adventure was good for its time - it covers a vast range of series with a crime / adventure theme and not just ITC shows - and gives brief episode synopses, key cast lists and overview of each series. However it does contain errors, probably due to the source material in an age where many of the shows hadn't been released on video let alone DVD or been repeated on TV in years. It's probably more of historical interest today. The Robert Sellars book is very good and gives insight into the production of the colour ITC adventure series with a little focus on the earlier black-and-white swashbucklers. The other productions of ITC - its music and variety pieces - seem to have received little attention, at least in print. Perhaps some of the sources on Lew Grade may shed a little more light on them.