The Spy Who Loved Me

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
Doom Patrol
625 lines

The Spy Who Loved Me

Post by Doom Patrol »

I seem to remember an extensive behind the scenes look at the making of this Bond film which ran for several weeks. And for some reason I recall it being on a Sunday morning. Anybody have any idea what this was?

Mark T
405 lines

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me

Post by Mark T »

It was an Open University series, which explains when it was on, for the social science/education course on mass communications and society course...

There were 8 programmes in the series and there's a link here http://www.open.edu/openlearn/education ... o-loved-me together with a clip.

Simon Coward
D-MAC

Post by Simon Coward »

There was a series of Open University programmes in 1983 which looked at different aspects of "The Spy Who Loved Me". They definitely ran on Fridays, not sure whether they enjoyed another outing on Sunday.
We all have to eat a peck of dirt before we die.

Doom Patrol
625 lines

Post by Doom Patrol »

Yes, that would make sense. It was educational in tone. I very much doubt I would have seen it on a Friday though. It was a rare highlight whenever it was on. I always connect it with the clips programme hosted by Chris Serle around about the same time, and that was definitely Sunday. Forget what that was called.

mikew
405 lines

Post by mikew »

Windmill was the Chris Serle programme.

Doom Patrol
625 lines

Post by Doom Patrol »

It was indeed. It came to me later. I couldn't understand why I kept thinking of windmills. :-) Reacquainted myself with Pete and Dud through that programme and recalled the delights of black and white Sooty.