PR: ITC Soundtracks on Vinyl [Network]

Film, stage, music, books and so on...
Mr_Wolf
Potentate in Perpetuity

PR: ITC Soundtracks on Vinyl [Network]

Post by Mr_Wolf »

Following on from the successful soundtrack CD releases of so many iconic ITC series, Network have now embarked on audio restorations of selected music cues and themes from ITC’s most popular series for vinyl release throughout 2013.

The ball starts rolling with a limited edition EP featuring the original themes from Danger Man, The Saint and The Prisoner, amongst others, which kicks off the range and will be available exclusively on Record Store Day this April.

Newly restored original soundtrack albums for Man in a Suitcase, The Saint, The Prisoner and The Protectors will follow in September, containing the very best themes and cues from each show.

Department S and Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) will be released in October, with yet further titles in 2014 and beyond.

Aimed at both the audiophile market and archive television fans, these extremely desirable albums will be produced to the highest standard with gorgeous sleeves designed in the style of contemporary ITC product (check out the cover gallery below).

This is the ITC memorabilia you always wished was available!

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

http://networkonair.com/features/2013/0 ... r-vinyl-2/

Stop quoting the law. We have swords.

Alabaster Russmore
405 lines

Re: PR: ITC Soundtracks on Vinyl [Network]

Post by Alabaster Russmore »

Oh my giddy aunt!!! Where's the pre-order button!!!! Hurrah!!!!!!

Roll ACR
625 lines

Post by Roll ACR »

Hmmmm.......soooo tempting. I only just spent a fortune on myself at Christmas time.... but Network just know how to tempt me.

Is there any chance of the whole soundtrack thing expanding beyond ITC? How much tape/grams survives in ITV's archive from other shows? Did grams/tapes of the various music cues get laid down in the library with the programmes? Or have the original recordings of the production music for multi-cam things like "Hadleigh" or "The Gentle Touch" etc. been junked?

Koen
405 lines

Post by Koen »

I somehow can't find the vinyl page on the website anymore, but IIRC it stated at least the first record would only be available on Record Store Day. This is something I'm only marginally aware of, but I think I'm right in saying releases aimed at that particular day usually have a very limited run. I hope Network will make sure there'll be at least enough copies for anyone who places an order on the day itself...

Bodie
625 lines

Post by Bodie »

I'm glad this announcement pleases so many people, it is obviously something a lot of people want. I'm satisfied with the CDs however so am much keener to see some new soundtrack releases. I hope Network can expand their soundtrack range into other lines in the future.

simon312002
405 lines

Post by simon312002 »

Bodie wrote:I'm glad this announcement pleases so many people, it is obviously something a lot of people want. I'm satisfied with the CDs however so am much keener to see some new soundtrack releases. I hope Network can expand their soundtrack range into other lines in the future.

Well, as an enthusiastic purchaser of Network's previous ITC soundtracks (as evidenced on the old forum), I think this is a nice recognition of the resurgence of vinyl, and an interesting direction for Network to take.

By newly restored, I assume it's meant that the albums will be remastered, have uniform sound levels, distortion reduced/removed and so on. I recall that with - for example - The Protectors (my favourite of the ITC soundtracks Network released on CD!) there was some distortion on some louder tracks, especially on CD2, varying levels of volume and so forth. So any new work is all good.

I hope the vinyl records sell well. I'm sure that vinyl collectors especially will find them of enormous interest and the sleeves so far previewed look absolutely gorgeous!

Personally, I got rid of my record player years ago so it's unlikely I will be purchasing these. I do hope that the 'restored' versions of the soundtracks will eventually be available on CD too, as I still think that the CD format is where any restoration will best be displayed.

Jaz_Wiseman
625 lines

Post by Jaz_Wiseman »

Very nice!

arthur63
405 lines

Post by arthur63 »

This is exciting news, especially as I just ordered a new turntable to replace my 30 year old direct drive unit.
I hope that the releases will be available from other on line retailers besides Network. I'm O/S and I believe that Network's shipping costs to overseas buyers is a bit steep. I guess I'll wait and see.